Mechanical Duramax hp

deHuncho

Jun 18, 2009
SW Va.
Since it's winter and things have slowed down enough to let the wheels turn in the brain, I've had a question that I've pondered a long time. I hate comparing apples to oranges but I've seen that most cr Dodges around the 1000hp on fuel mark claim to make 550-650 on the stock tune. Even though some of the greatest ability of the max is having tunability, has anyone ever tried to dyno on a tune with settings similar to stock in a truck with a built motor and accessories to see how much power they make mechnically. Just wondering, I would think they could actually make more than a comparable cummins setup.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Not what I expected from the title. LOL but interesting. A stock tune pulse width on big injectors is a considerable amount of fuel & should fuel a built setup to a healthy HP. Not sure the stock tune timing would still be that great for it but maybe?

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
Not what I expected from the title. LOL but interesting. A stock tune pulse width on big injectors is a considerable amount of fuel & should fuel a built setup to a healthy HP. Not sure the stock tune timing would still be that great for it but maybe?

HAHA your not the only one that was expecting something else.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada

HAHA your not the only one that was expecting something else.

X3 I was thinking of a sigma pump duramax.

deHuncho

Jun 18, 2009
SW Va.
X3 I was thinking of a sigma pump duramax.

I know, sometimes you gotta think of a smart title for people to read it;) Sigma dmax would be cool, and should be interesting but from a monetary standpoint, very few would find it worth the effort. jmo

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Since it's winter and things have slowed down enough to let the wheels turn in the brain, I've had a question that I've pondered a long time. I hate comparing apples to oranges but I've seen that most cr Dodges around the 1000hp on fuel mark claim to make 550-650 on the stock tune. Even though some of the greatest ability of the max is having tunability, has anyone ever tried to dyno on a tune with settings similar to stock in a truck with a built motor and accessories to see how much power they make mechnically. Just wondering, I would think they could actually make more than a comparable cummins setup.

On my truck with a stock PW tune I hit 132 mph , so around 850-900 maybe , shouldn't be hard to hit 1k with larger injectors , maybe more .