Maybe a new addition? 81 z28

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
So I was setting a temporary service at a barn a few weeks ago and there's this camaro sitting in the back corner. I asked the guy and he said yeah I want to have it done and relive my high school days with the wife but I'd sell it for the right price. He threw out 2 grand. Me and my dad went and looked at it yesterday and wow. The body has 0 rust and has had 0 bondo (quarters are solid metal). Fresh paint. The hood is a fiberglass cowl hood. Not my favorite but it matches. And turns out it's a TRUE z28. And someone has already started a manual conversion. Clutch pedal is there. Just need the linkage. Interior needs done. But the outside is in crazy good shape. Has nice 18's on it. For that price. I don't think I can pass it up. Photobucket doesn't work anymore or I'd post some pics.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Swap a Holley Sniper EFI setup onto the 350, leave the auto, enjoy driving it.

Only thing left for the manual swap is the z bar kit which is $137. Be pretty sweet to have a 4 speed z28. We have 2 327 engines here at the house I could slap in after a refresh. I'd love to put a turboed 5.3 and 6 speed in it but I'd really rather spend that on the lb7

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Im a firm believer that if history is for sale at the right price then grab it. Even if you don't do anything with it you can at least pick at it and see what that generation was about! My 72' K5 is a heapish but I sure do love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Im a firm believer that if history is for sale at the right price then grab it. Even if you don't do anything with it you can at least pick at it and see what that generation was about! My 72' K5 is a heapish but I sure do love it!

I rode home from the hospital when I was born in a either 79 or 80 type LT. sorta nostalgic for me lol I'm really thinking about it

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
I rode home from the hospital when I was born in a either 79 or 80 type LT. sorta nostalgic for me lol I'm really thinking about it
I don't remember what I rode home in from the hospital, I can't remember back past about 5 or 6 years old. My cousin and I were talking about remembering our child hoods one day and he said he remembered going to a picnic with his dad and riding home in his mom.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I don't remember what I rode home in from the hospital, I can't remember back past about 5 or 6 years old. My cousin and I were talking about remembering our child hoods one day and he said he remembered going to a picnic with his dad and riding home in his mom.

That's sketchy... I don't remember riding home in it haha but there's pics and I remember the car. I don't remember much before 3

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO

I rode home in that 72' I think. Either that or my moms olds wagon... but we'll just say the Blazer haha
She ain't as clean as she used to be but once I "finish" my LMM then that cab is coming off and the build thread starts!