Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
May day May day...

May
we make this months new thread?

This may be a hard one for me. Then again, maybe not.

May we continue on...

I May be wrong but looks like a new month

An employee asks his boss, “Can I have two weeks off for Christmas?”
His boss replied, “It’s May…”, to which the employee responded,
“Oh, sorry. May I have two weeks off for Christmas?”

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
May day May day...

May
we make this months new thread?

This may be a hard one for me. Then again, maybe not.

May we continue on...

I May be wrong but looks like a new month

An employee asks his boss, “Can I have two weeks off for Christmas?”
His boss replied, “It’s May…”, to which the employee responded,
“Oh, sorry. May I have two weeks off for Christmas?”
“ Hey why don't I just got and eat some hay. I can lay by the bay, make things out of clay, I just may, what'd ya say?”

Reactions: 2004LB7

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Geez......so i didnt make a new thread at 12:00:01 last night. You guys are so pushy. Lol

May the Chat be with you.

Reactions: 2004LB7

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Saw these articles while doing some digging for Lions draft news:

I am one who believes the EPA is completely out of control.....but who or what can stop them?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Just saw earlier today that it looks like the supreme court will take up a case involving Chevron deference. If they strike it down then it will severely hamper these three letter agencies from making up "rules" and applying them like laws. It will put the rule making back in Congress and the agencies will be back to their original duty of enforcement. It will be one step closer to raining them in

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I am one who believes the EPA is completely out of control.....but who or what can stop them?
On one of my long drives between OH and FL last year, I decided to let my phone read me about 14hrs of EPA case files. The simple answer to your question, is you sue the EPA. States do it, cities do it, big oil does it, power plants do, cause anytime they pick on a big dog, they get bit. And once in litigation, related enforcement stops.. Simple as pie, read for yourselves.

Now as you may have noticed, they've most recently been taking action on rules that have long existed, but just recently somehow interpret much differently than everyone else in the aftermarket automotive industry for past 30yrs. This was even questioned by a member of congress during a hearing, then bam nothing more.. And ever since, do as they see fit. Focusing on the easy pickings, small companies one at a time, by first demanding all sales records to gain evidence, and more "customer" names. Easy,, link.. Then offering to settle for much less than you'll spend going to court. Much like the DEA picking off small drug dealers, and cutting a plea, vs going after say Purdue Pharma, and fighting a big dog with in house lawyers and $$$ to burn. They really ain't very good in court from my 14hr reeding lesson .. Always getten schooled, and pull their horns in quick when a big time law firms show up with 1500 $ hr guns.

So, rather than wait around for the RPM act smothers to kiss the right ass in Washington, the correct answer is go offensive. Class action by 1000 shops, crowd funded at $100 a head, is a cool million to shop around for a couple young guns looking to make a name. And the moment they file, EPA can't do squat to anyone till that case is concluded and the existing laws are interperted by a judge... That is the simple how to fix this issue. And personally find that much more appealing than listing to everyone out there just whining their but hurts. PRI, SEMA, are a waste of time, and owe me $40 back..

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
On one of my long drives between OH and FL last year, I decided to let my phone read me about 14hrs of EPA case files. The simple answer to your question, is you sue the EPA. States do it, cities do it, big oil does it, power plants do, cause anytime they pick on a big dog, they get bit. And once in litigation, related enforcement stops.. Simple as pie, read for yourselves.

Now as you may have noticed, they've most recently been taking action on rules that have long existed, but just recently somehow interpret much differently than everyone else in the aftermarket automotive industry for past 30yrs. This was even questioned by a member of congress during a hearing, then bam nothing more.. And ever since, do as they see fit. Focusing on the easy pickings, small companies one at a time, by first demanding all sales records to gain evidence, and more "customer" names. Easy,, link.. Then offering to settle for much less than you'll spend going to court. Much like the DEA picking off small drug dealers, and cutting a plea, vs going after say Purdue Pharma, and fighting a big dog with in house lawyers and $$$ to burn. They really ain't very good in court from my 14hr reeding lesson .. Always getten schooled, and pull their horns in quick when a big time law firms show up with 1500 $ hr guns.

So, rather than wait around for the RPM act smothers to kiss the right ass in Washington, the correct answer is go offensive. Class action by 1000 shops, crowd funded at $100 a head, is a cool million to shop around for a couple young guns looking to make a name. And the moment they file, EPA can't do squat to anyone till that case is concluded and the existing laws are interperted by a judge... That is the simple how to fix this issue. And personally find that much more appealing than listing to everyone out there just whining their but hurts. PRI, SEMA, are a waste of time, and owe me $40 back..
Honestly not a bad idea, you should email that to Kory or another large shop that carries some heavier weight in the game.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal

They only get it a temporary restraining order on the rule if the cort believes you have a good chance of winning based on the merritts of the case. Nothing automatically gets stopped just because a lawsuit is filed.

I agree that we need a class action lawsuit. Sure, we don't have the money of some of those larger corporations but if you get enough small ones together it can be just, if not more so, powerful

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
You know, it wouldn't be hard to get Private Individuals to chip in as well on a Class Action... Even a $50 Donation from private individuals would go a long way.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Kory is likely out, as recently settled his case, and now trying to have his tuning work EPA certified like Banks. So pretty certain he's not gonna be a spokesperson, but can probably spread the word.

And speaking of Banks, god love him, a large majority of his sales comes from taking OEM engines, which he then gets paid to fully delete for US Gov military contracts. I noticed that right off when out there few years back. Oshkosh could easily buy those engines from GM directly, but they don't, for several reasons.. Military is exempt. Off Road Use I Guess..

Know who else is EPA exempt, marine inboards over 500hp and all outboards. I had to check before posting this, but Mercury's new $77k 600hp V12 Verado, actually lists it's great fuel efficiency as the emission improvements they have added this year. That puppy is a no cats, same as twin turbo V8 1100, 1350, and 1550 V8. Along with all their supercharged V8 IO options. Again, Off Road Use..

Smell what I be spraying? Seems only the automotive racing industry has been re-evaluated and deemed the villain in the eyes of the EPA. Today you can buy a million dollar center console with quad 450R's or trip 600's and burn any racing fuel ya want, and nobody gives a shit. Want twin 1100hp in a 150mph Skater, Merc will set ya up. Order the 1550, ya gotta run Race Fuel Only. Buy your boat sticker and have fun. But dare take your ten year old diesel truck and try make a track vehicle out of it, and your breaking the law. And so isn't the guy who sells ya the parts to do it.

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
They only get it a temporary restraining order on the rule if the cort believes you have a good chance of winning based on the merritts of the case. Nothing automatically gets stopped just because a lawsuit is filed.

I agree that we need a class action lawsuit. Sure, we don't have the money of some of those larger corporations but if you get enough small ones together it can be just, if not more so, powerful
If your part of the class, it's surly gonna cover your ass while awaiting a trial date. I'm think injunction to halt enforcement actions until it's sorted. Which probably equals a couple years minimum, or long than SEMA has been farting around with DC lawmakers.

I find myself setting back looking at this from a unique angle. Presently as someone working in the marine performance industry, who really has no horse in the race. But previously as a speed shop owner back in the 90's when all this law came about. And most recently as a biofuels producer, who worked hard to help get B20 certification on all modern diesel engines. Only to see all that effort wasted, since big oil refused to ever play ball and blend any bio into our fuel supplies.

Unlike Ethanol, there is no government mandate in the US to for blending any biodiesel into our fuels. So ya have to hunt for B20 fuel. Yet in the EU they do, and good old Bosch built the CP4 system specifilly thinking everyone be running on some biodiesel. Big oil screwed your CP4 pump up, not Bosch.. My 2C.

• Love
Reactions: Bdsankey

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
If your part of the class, it's surly gonna cover your ass while awaiting a trial date. I'm think injunction to halt enforcement actions until it's sorted. Which probably equals a couple years minimum, or long than SEMA has been farting around with DC lawmakers.

I find myself setting back looking at this from a unique angle. Presently as someone working in the marine performance industry, who really has no horse in the race. But previously as a speed shop owner back in the 90's when all this law came about. And most recently as a biofuels producer, who worked hard to help get B20 certification on all modern diesel engines. Only to see all that effort wasted, since big oil refused to ever play ball and blend any bio into our fuel supplies.

Unlike Ethanol, there is no government mandate in the US to for blending any biodiesel into our fuels. So ya have to hunt for B20 fuel. Yet in the EU they do, and good old Bosch built the CP4 system specifilly thinking everyone be running on some biodiesel. Big oil screwed your CP4 pump up, not Bosch.. My 2C.
In California it's the other way around. You have to hunt to find any that doesn't have any bio blended in. B20 is everywhere. Not that I'm complaining

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
In California it's the other way around. You have to hunt to find any that doesn't have any bio blended in. B20 is everywhere. Not that I'm complaining
Glad to hear that. In the midwest and my travel areas, I can't even find B20 without using a locator map. A lot of the biodiesel geeks I worked with were all west coast based.

There is a couple old articles where guys I knew out there took old school mechanical diesels in Toyota's and such to the emissions tests centers, running on straight B100, and pulled better emissions numbers overall than a brand new truck with DPF equipped on regular diesel fuel. Only NOx was slightly higher than a full emission equipped truck. That's what kills me about his whole no racing use deal. A diesel race truck running a B40-50 blend is probably cleaner overall, than the truck that towed it to the track.

And speaking of emissions, I wonder if maybe these guys are that "Unnamed Shop in Ohio" in the article TheBac posted? This just popped up on my FB, and guessing they are clearly willing to push that off-road use clause into the courts?

UP.jpg

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Glad to hear that. In the midwest and my travel areas, I can't even find B20 without using a locator map. A lot of the biodiesel geeks I worked with were all west coast based.

There is a couple old articles where guys I knew out there took old school mechanical diesels in Toyota's and such to the emissions tests centers, running on straight B100, and pulled better emissions numbers overall than a brand new truck with DPF equipped on regular diesel fuel. Only NOx was slightly higher than a full emission equipped truck. That's what kills me about his whole no racing use deal. A diesel race truck running a B40-50 blend is probably cleaner overall, than the truck that towed it to the track.

And speaking of emissions, I wonder if maybe these guys are that "Unnamed Shop in Ohio" in the article TheBac posted? This just popped up on my FB, and guessing they are clearly willing to push that off-road use clause into the courts?
Yeah, I once asked a smog shop friend to stick the sniffer in my LB7 to see how it does. It beat out the equivalent year gas 6.0 engine with only slightly higher NOx but all under the limit for a gas vehicle. And that was without any emissions equipment, CAT, etc. I don't think B20 was that common back then so there was a good chance it was straight D100

wydopenLb7

Mar 10, 2023
California
I've been avoiding B20 if I can...closest station to my work has #2 and the price is good relatively speaking...should I not be? My knowledge of biodiesel is limited...my understanding is it is good for cleaning your fuel system but mileage may suffer?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I've been avoiding B20 if I can...closest station to my work has #2 and the price is good relatively speaking...should I not be? My knowledge of biodiesel is limited...my understanding is it is good for cleaning your fuel system but mileage may suffer?
On straight bio or B100 you might notice a small drop, maybe 1 or 2 mpg due to the lower BTUs of bio. I haven't noticed any drop with B20.

Biggest benefit is added lubrication for the pump and injectors. The LML in particular with it's CP4 can benefit from the extra lube

Status
Not open for further replies.