March '24 Chat -- In like a Lion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Most of the infrastructure was not built by boomers, it was built by the silent generation. The boomers took over in the 80’s, they are famous for junk bonds, real estate booms and such…

When the boomers took control of the economy the average home was price was 62,000 now we are facing 353,000 for the same home. Yep great job…
That's why I said "last few generations". Most of the kids of today don't even know how to use a hammer. Or know which way to turn a screwdriver. I think most of the trades and skilled labor started to die with the millennials when most of the shop classes, home economics, metal, etc got dropped in schools. Now there is little interest with the G's and X's to learn any of this. They have, for a little while longer, their tic Tok so they are "happy"

Last edited:

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Doesnt matter who did what. Bottom line is we all have had a hand in screwing it all up. As to boomers, genealogists have actually split that gen into two now, both with different traits. Im a 2nd wave end-boomer (1963), and have always been appalled at what we wrought.

I agree 100% with the post concerning what one gen allows turns into excess. I always say, "Freedom doesnt mean free-for-all", but to a lot of people now, thats exactly what they think. Im also not a fan of mental illness being celebrated and encouraged, not treated. But thats another topic, isnt it?

I have always been angry over the way decency and politeness, ya know -- civility, in our society has been taken over and replaced by what i call the "Dis-" mentality. You could call it the "hip-hop, gangsta" lifestyle, if you get my drift. Its all about "gettin' yours" now, what your "side hustle" is. Graft and dishonesty is held in high esteem, decency and compassion is looked at as weakness and something to be taken advantage of. Im tired of it all.
I wasn't going to post this, but... since you mentioned it, I find these short interview's in New Orleans interesting to say the least.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ek5yse0gLNo

• Wow
Reactions: TheBac and Dm23

Woody35

Jan 4, 2013
Not to switch topics but does anyone have any intel on when we will switch to summer diesel? Been playing with some different timing and it just occurred to me my results might be getting skewed.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Not to switch topics but does anyone have any intel on when we will switch to summer diesel? Been playing with some different timing and it just occurred to me my results might be getting skewed.
That's state specific for the most part. Might be best to talk to the guys at the station you fill up at

Reactions: Woody35

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
We start with our kids and speaking about issues with other without going off the deep end. Society has been so muddied up by what is true you can't hardly tell what is true anymore. I mean just look at all the stupid videos of people trying to find what gender is. Not something we can fix over night.

Once they are so confused by something as straight forward as their own gender real life becomes impossible for these people.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I'm hearing some reports that the navigational system on the ship may have been hacked and incorrect information loaded to throw off the direction of the ship. Not necessarily to cause the bridge to collapse since it would be hard to know the outcome but to see how they would react to the incident and possible supply chain distributions. Of course China os the first and obvious ones they are pointing fingers at.

Reactions: TheBac

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I wonder how the ship could lose power twice like it did.

China is capable of anything, and not for the good, either. I wish the people in power in this country would realize that and treat them appropriately.

DuramaxRamRod

Oct 11, 2014
NH
I'm hearing some reports that the navigational system on the ship may have been hacked and incorrect information loaded to throw off the direction of the ship. Not necessarily to cause the bridge to collapse since it would be hard to know the outcome but to see how they would react to the incident and possible supply chain distributions. Of course China os the first and obvious ones they are pointing fingers at.
A ship is steered in hand coming in and out of port not thru autopilot.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
A ship is steered in hand coming in and out of port not thru autopilot.
I don't think that part is in dispute. Most probably know that. But you have to look at the conditions they were in. It was very dark, no lighting on the bridge supports, dark water, etc. so in those conditions they rely heavily on the navigation/GPS to tell them they are in the right shipping lane, turn left, turn right , go straight, etc. they would be looking down at their screens a lot and would miss seeing the bridge until they are really close. Then due to momentum it would be too late to get out of the way.

Part of the clue is the path they took. Even in normal daylight conditions they use an experienced river pilot, harbor navigator or whatnot. And they still failed. From the report I heard was that the professionals and people experienced in this ship and waterways where saying the navigation was telling them they where right where they should be. But obviously they were not unless you are the people/person doing the hacking then they where right where they wanted

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Tom's going to fool us with some elaborate April 1st joke. Then it will be downhill from there 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.