Magnet deal...no deal!!

msjdgman

Jan 13, 2009
SW Michigan
What a day Friday. Friday morning on my way to the office I picked up a set of Reese bed rails to install in my truck over the weekend, and while I was at the trailer supply place I normally get my supplies from, I picked up 4 new magnets for my gooseneck trailer brakes since the old ones are pretty well shot. They are the 8K axles with oil bath and they require a big magnet costing $48 each. Well... I honestly wasn`t paying attention as the guy checked me out...we were talking the whole time...and he just ran my card, I signed the receipt, he stuffed it in the bag with the magnets and away I went. I left work rather early to get home and start on my rail installation project, and when I unloaded the magnets and looked at the receipt....wow, they only charged me for 1 magnet. I had just gone up to the house and was telling my wife about it, that I should be honest and call them, when lo and behold...my cell phone rings. It was the trailer supply place!! They had figured out the mistake, remembered part of the logo on my jacket, and spent over half the day trying to track me down thru numerous divisions at work to get my cell phone number. So sure....since I frequent the place quite regularly, I gave them my CC number to bill me out for the difference. I just had to be square with them. They`ve been pretty good to me on a lot of stuff over the years. :banghead: