EFILive MAF code P0101

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I keep getting a MAF code P0101, I have cleaned the sensor and last night I replaced it with one from another 01 truck, still get the code.

Can I shut off the p0101 code with EFI without hurting anything? I'm just tired of looking at the light in the dash, it seems to be ok , don't notice any thing different when the light is on.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
first check your wires see if any are pulled out or broken.

do you have stock intake? if it is aftermarket measure the diameter of your stock one and then the after market one. if it is different you may need to recalibrate you maf scale, i had to when i put my twins on, because the intake was an inch smaller than the stocker.

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
I'll check the wires, I have an aftermarket CAI but I have had it since day one and never had this problem? Maybe a screwed up the wires when I changed my fuel filter?

Thanks

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
hmm check out the wires and make sure that everything is plugged in and has a good connection. you know the sensor is good because you swapped it. so just start working your way backwards....

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'm digging up bones. :D

I don't get a CEL or anything but today I was testing my new (to me) V2 and used it to check for codes and p0101 was one of them. Having no CEL, I have no idea when it may have happened. Probably hasn't been too aweful long ago because I did a full flash a couple months ago. I do have a ported inlet tube from Super Diesel and a junk CAI. Maybe those are screwing with something?

Just wondering why the OP here says he's getting thsi code AND a CEL and I'm not getting the CEL but got the code. :confused:

FWIW, mine says it is a PCM code. The code list says it is or can be a code for the ECM, PCM. Just thought I'd add that little detail in there.

thanks for the help! :hug:

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Your tune probably has that code setup to not request MIL, check your tune to see if it is. I know my light is blocked from coming on, but the code will still read out when checking codes.

Last edited: