Lower control arm bushings

Sirrobbythe5th

Dream truck in work
Sep 14, 2016
Alrighty folks, so I'm balls deep in installing the 6" zone lift kit on my truck. Ive got new lower control arm ball joints coming, and new upper control arms also.
Im pretty sure i ordered lower control arm bushings as well, but I'm not sure if they came with the metal insert pre pressed into them. My question is, have any of y'all had any experience pressing the metal into new bushings AND pressing in new lower control arm bushings?

Side note. Anyone got any suggestions on good aftermarket steering stabilizers that DO NOT mount through the center link like the factory one? it was a bitch to get out.

Thanks!!

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
The lower control arm bushings are a b$@ch if you don't have a press. Even with my 120ton press it was a challenge. But I know some guys melt them out, I've drilled them out before. Make sure you have a good lubricant when installing the new ones. I dunno about the steering stabilizer I've only ever seen them with the taper for the center link.

Sirrobbythe5th

Dream truck in work
Sep 14, 2016
Well I got the old ones out no problem using a little ingenuity and a ball joint press.
But, its getting new ones in that I'm worries about, and I've only found new bushings that don't have the metal sleeve pressed into them...and thats the problem. I want to find ones that have the metal sleeve already in. Or tips how to get the metal sleeve in lol