Loosing Speedworld dragstrip

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Incase you guys have not heard. Maricopa County is wanting to shut speedworld down (they hold the NHRDA Opener every year). here is the story:

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...eedworld-must-close-maricopa-county-says.html

Speedworld sent out a nice little letter letting everyone know they WILL NOT be shutting down. Dont know how the outcome will be but there is a petition we are all signing to keep the track open. Not good when Firebird raceway is closing down jan 1st 2013 to be torn down and supposably a new raceway will be build further south.

Please pass this on to all you know to keep our track open and the NHRDA Season Opener track here in AZ!!!

here is the petition
http://signon.org/sign/keep-speedworld-raceway?source=s.em.cp&r_by=4718627

Last edited:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
Sounds like maricopa wants it's piece of the pie...

On a side note, did you read the article of the college student that fell off the circus circus here in Vegas? Apperently it's the citys fault that she took extacy and managed to kill her self! God damn ravers are so damn stupid. her parents blame the city! Gimme a break!:mad:

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
Sounds like maricopa wants it's piece of the pie...

On a side note, did you read the article of the college student that fell off the circus circus here in Vegas? Apperently it's the citys fault that she took extacy and managed to kill her self! God damn ravers are so damn stupid. her parents blame the city! Gimme a break!:mad:

It's always someones elses fault when people die doing dumbshit.:rolleyes:

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
Petition page dont work....

Seems like its becoming all too popular to shut down motorparks anymore .... gonna be back to street racing in another 5 years.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
whoo hoo fast and the furious status here we come lol that really sucks i like speedworld isnt the nicest track in the world but man i have had alot of fun there same with firebird if they shut down firebird to reconstruct it i bet the city wont let them rebuild and same with speedworld but we willl see

djfh2004

Jun 18, 2012
Sorry to jump on a thread off-topic, but I had some tranny trouble-shooting questions I wanted to ask and couldn't figure out how to start a new thread.....anyone on here that can help me out??

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
I recieved 2 emails yesterday saying that Speedworld would not be closing and to not believe the rumors.

It appears that the county did not want to work with them on a few unimportant issues. However, they will remain open while the issues get sorted out. I can forward the emails to anyone that wishes to read them.