Looking for weld on spring perches that fit an aam 11.5

Sledheadxp800r

That was only my tow tune
Dec 13, 2010
CT
Im having some troubles finding a pair of perches big enough for the rear axle in my puller. Anyone know where I can get a pair?

Thanks
Jesse

HotRodTractor

Ford Driver
Nov 29, 2009
I bought mine from Ballistic Fab. They have them for both the 3.5" and the 4" axle tubes as well as the 2.5" and the 3" wide springs.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I wanted to do this also, better check your rules. Bob rules says factory suspension mounts must be retained.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I wouldnt do it jessie. that's gonna put a lot more stress on the tube and it's going to bend and snap your axles. it's been pretty well proven out in the mecca that the SRW axle housings are not up to the task. I would try ot find a C&C rear end that is already narrower and stronger, and build the rear of your frame off of that. Then you'll have a nice track width too, you wont be churning as much loose dirt

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
I bought the balistic fab perches last year before they had them on website through there custom order options they were really nice pieces and I think like $ 30-35 to my door.

Sledheadxp800r

Dec 13, 2010
CT
I wouldnt do it jessie. that's gonna put a lot more stress on the tube and it's going to bend and snap your axles. it's been pretty well proven out in the mecca that the SRW axle housings are not up to the task. I would try ot find a C&C rear end that is already narrower and stronger, and build the rear of your frame off of that. Then you'll have a nice track width too, you wont be churning as much loose dirt

I'm gonna run the stock rear for now. When it bends or breaks ill change it. I don't think ill be in that much loose dirt with the wheels I have. The fronts are 3 1/2" backspacing and the rears are 10 1/2" backspacing.

While the axle out ill throw a half ass truss job on it

Last edited:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Ballistic stole 180 bucks from me...never shipped the parts I ordered and always dead ended my calls after that incident...I wouldn't recommend buying a peanut from those mf-ers.

Sledheadxp800r

Dec 13, 2010
CT
Our rules state stock suspension style.... IE no 4-linked rears. You are allowed to change spring geometryand placement

Copied directly from the MATPA 3.0 class rules

Rear suspension: A solid suspension is permitted, but must still use OEM mounting points.

I know for a fact the other guys aren't using OEM mounting points.