Help: Looking for a new parts washer.

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
I am in need of a new parts washer for the shop. Really would like to have a spray wash cabinet, but thats not in the budget yet. I have been using an el cheapo 20 gallon solvent based washer, would like to go a little bit bigger, but am having trouble deciding between aqueous, and the solvent based. I have only used an aqueous based one a few times, and liked it. Dont know how much the detergent costs, and I presume they have filters that need serviced as well. Solvent is rather expensive, and I have replaced my pump twice now in mine. So what do you all think, help me decide:confused:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
At work we installed cat fuel filter heads & 2 micron filters in the older 30 gal. solvent tanks. It really extends the life of the solvent. Also I try really hard to scrape most of the large particles into the trash can, before heading to the tank.

Last edited:

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
I like that idea burn down. Either way I need a good one, what I have now is basically your throw away model, but it has done its job.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I made my dads for him, same principle as Burns....Used a 25 gal Harbor freight one. Added a filter to the line attached to the side with a dmax filter head I had laying around. It isnt pretty but works damn good and keeps the fluid clean, also added a supplimental inline pump.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I like Solvent. I didn't think the enviro stuff worked as well. I have never had to buy either but my guess is the enviro stuff is more expensive. Maybe just look for a older large solvent tank & put a filter inline.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I'm going to C175 school in Peoria on the 5th of December. Cat may have some they have retired, If you haven't found something by then. That's where mine came from, old dealer tank...

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I'm going to C175 school in Peoria on the 5th of December. Cat may have some they have retired, If you haven't found something by then. That's where mine came from, old dealer tank...

lol I would be interested in an industrial one....only an hour away from peoria.