Lookin to move to Co

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
Hey gents. Considering moving to the Loveland area or parker castle rock area. How's the HVAC industry out there.... or construction in general? Probably taking a trip to look at some property in about 2 weeks. Need something for the girl and I and the horses. Any reccomendations?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Not sure on Hvac industry but Loveland area is real nice. I have family that used to live in Loveland and now live in Windsor and Johnstown. I am sure the Castlerock area is very nice also. Lots of people only downside.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Loveland is a great town. Not sure on the job market as I haven't looked in years. But I do work in Loveland as a diesel tech/emissions inspector. I know the housing market is a little cheaper than where I live in Berthoud. If you need any help or info let me know:thumb:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
do you do commercial work? if so then you'll be all set in metro denver area finding work. I go out there quite a bit and there is never a shortage of job postings and people asking if I know anyone who wants to move for work.

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I'm actually a union sheetmetal worker. I'm looking into contacting local 9 in denver. As far as residential commercial industrial or pharmaceutical . I am able to do all of the above as far as sheet metal. And I know a thing or 2 about service in hvac and general construction. Thanks for the info guys. And I may take you up on that offer dustin. Plan is to head out there in a week or so and look at some properties and do a little job hunting so the girl and I may need a good recommendation for some grub at the minimum lol

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
I work full time for Kinder Morgan (Tennessee Gas Pipeline) and I also still operate Freedom Diesel on the side. I've been working dumb hours to ski a lot, and buy more cool stuff for the shop. I haven't touched my truck in a year and a half, and it's going to stay parked until at least June. If you guys come back up this way, let me know.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
I live in Ft Collins. I love the area. Ft Collins, Loveland, etc. construction is H U G E especially in Ft Collins. You'll have work in a half hour. The place is growing. (Sadly, i hate people).

I moved here from MD. CO is HEAD and SHOULDERS above the East Coast. Ive never looked back. In Larimer County you will find that our Sheriff is FOR your gun rights and not against. Some shops still sell the good mags.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
Cool. Well myself and the little woman. Will be leaving Friday afternoon and should be in Estes park for dinner at her parents house Saturday evening. Then a week of property searching.... and job hunting for me.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Cool. Well myself and the little woman. Will be leaving Friday afternoon and should be in Estes park for dinner at her parents house Saturday evening. Then a week of property searching.... and job hunting for me.

Plenty of time, but at some point you gotta hit the Stanley Hotel. Fun place. I currently drive for the city of Ft Collins. Great way to get a free CDL....oil companies are paying good money for drivers if all else fails. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about anything.

We need to organize another Colorado meet damnit.

WELCOME! Glad to have another non prius person in the area.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
I'm just east of Loveland in severance, lots of horse acreage properties in the area. Plus the Windsor/severance schools are among the best in the state.

AND you have less yuppies than Ft Collins. Im looking in Severance and Windsor myself. Plus Bruce's is right there!

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
I think her mother works or used to work the Stanley so I'm sure we will stop there at some point. perhaps we can get an impromptu gtg somewhere. I won't have my truck out there as it's in need of some tic for a trip that long. But meeting some peeps would be cool

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Any Facebook members here check out the Colorado Duramax Crew Facebook page. I just joined them last weekend and damn are they proactive for meetups and such!

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
If any of you guys find some free time I'm planning on hitting the Tech and Test Saturday at Bandimere again. Sounds like it's going to be a big turn out for the diesel crew. Gonna try a little nitrous bandaid on my truck before I decide which route I'm going to take it.

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
Well looks like the weather put the kibosh on your test and tune today. Guess I didn't miss that party. We are about an hour outside of Denver on 76