LMM: LMM squeal

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
Is it possible to just replace the pulley/bearing on the air conditioner to stop the squeal or do you have to replace all together?

Or am i just chasing this damb LMM squeal? I replaced the belt 2 weeks ago and it was fine until now :confused::confused::confused:

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
I spun every wheel when i had the belt off and all seemed good? i couldn't spin fast enough by hand to hear anything or feel any play so it seemed good, i have no clue what the previous owner replaced and how often.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I have had trouble with the main fan hub and the alluminum bracket before. I replaced it and all the squeels were gone. Other than the tires lol.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
I have had trouble with the main fan hub and the alluminum bracket before. I replaced it and all the sequels were gone. Other than the tires lol.

i tore most of the crappy fan shroud out when i did the belt, fan was very free and seems smooth, now it will idle quiet but when the rpms pick up i can hear the squeal bad, can tell for sure if it gets better with AC off, sometimes it does and some times it does not.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
So i was at Lake Powell all weekend (hot as hell) so the AC ran entire time, no squeal, but now i am back in SLC it does it all the damb time AC or not and it is just above 1,000 rpms once warm. Gona try shooting WD-40 on each pully to see if i can nail it down but i am ready to drive truck into the lake:mad::mad::mad:

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
well i broke down and had a dealer try to nail down the squeal , they said it was the belt, i just replaced the belt! so they did it again, then gave me my money back for the belt i just bought from them a week prior , well it has been about a month and here we are squealing again ??????????????????????

There has to be something quietly dragging on the belt right?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I would try replacing the tensioner. I've also had much better luck with the goodyear/continental gatorback style belts.

As has been said already the alternator would be what I would try after those 2 things.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

chevor

Highway hauler.
Sep 17, 2015
On the Road
What's the condition of the power steering fluid? I was roosting mine. Would get weird noise taking off from a stop trying left.

Changed PS fluid and added a cooler. It's quite now.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
it will do at idle , it is not the power steering making the noise , but if it is slowing it down and wearing the belt it is doing it quietly. I also have twin alternators. If i go put a new belt on it will be fine for a few weeks. :confused:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Good lord guys! Don't yall know about the Gator back belts! They completely stop the lmm squeal. Nothing else ever stopped it on mine until I swapped to a gatorback...

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
I hand wash the shit out of my motor and everything and my belt only squeaks the first 30 seconds it's drying, and at 84k my belt still has all the letters on it, it's a ridged looking belt.