Help: lmm maxed out rail pressure at idle

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
2010 lmm with mpi twins and dual cp3s. after we changed the y-bridge over to a solid rdl unit, put it all back together and now the truck is idling at 26k. both fpr's are plugged in we have check all wires going to the plugs. the fuse for the dual fueler controller is fine. everything is plugged in on the motor. any ideas?

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
ECM- been there and done that. Dont know exactly how it happens, but seems that 12V somehow gets backfed into the ECM and short circuits the FPR controls. I replaced the ECM and all was fixed.

GOOD LUCK -Steven

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
ECM- been there and done that. Dont know exactly how it happens, but seems that 12V somehow gets backfed into the ECM and short circuits the FPR controls. I replaced the ECM and all was fixed.

GOOD LUCK -Steven

wonderful. yeah i was talking with george and thats what he was thinking too. he said to check the middle wire on the pigtail going to the valley fpr and it should have 1.8-1.9 volts. its gots 3.5? he wasnt exactly sure about the numbers 100% but does 3.5 sound wrong

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
Im pretty sure that 3.5 is wide open- non regulated. The 1.7 is idle voltage.

It took us a while to track it down- but it finally led back to the ECM.

I have a good ECM here from Socal if you need one-

-Steven

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
When your truck was doing this did it sound like an lb7 with the rp maxed out or just a little rough on idle then real loud when you bring it off idle?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've seen this once, and it was the plug at the little jumper harness. I'm guessing a wire was damaged or a pin was pushed out when you swapped the y-bridge. It makes sense since you were working in that area when the problem started.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
I've seen this once, and it was the plug at the little jumper harness. I'm guessing a wire was damaged or a pin was pushed out when you swapped the y-bridge. It makes sense since you were working in that area when the problem started.

Ive checked everything man that's not it either. It's an ats kit

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Highly doubt this is an ecm issue. Ground, pinched wire, unpluged or not fully plugged in, twin cp3 controller, FPR or like dan said check fuel temp sensor.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
Have you checked your fuel temp sensor? If so what is it reading?
no i havent what should it be reading and why would that max press out:confused:

Highly doubt this is an ecm issue. Ground, pinched wire, unpluged or not fully plugged in, twin cp3 controller, FPR or like dan said check fuel temp sensor.

its ****ed up because it ran perfect until we changed the y bridge and didint really even unplug anything...im in a bind with this one customer lives in another state and i have his primary vehicle here as of today broke as hell

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
no i havent what should it be reading and why would that max press out:confused:

It should be reading a real number (not -40 or +300 or somthing like that). Why? Ask GM. Its just one of those things...

Also check the IAT #1 and #2 and see if they have a strange reading.

its ****ed up because it ran perfect until we changed the y bridge and didint really even unplug anything...im in a bind with this one customer lives in another state and i have his primary vehicle here as of today broke as hell

Last edited: