LML short block in LBZ

DylOrr

May 26, 2010
Kinderhook, IL
I hope I posted this in the right section. Anyways, I purchased a truck that has extensive block damage that I wasn't expecting. I have an LML short block sitting here I was going to put in it. I know the oil drain on the rear cover is different, and the spacing of the front cover is different, because the oil pump is different. I also believe oil feed for stock turbo is different, and I will be going with a stock turbo on it so here is my questions

1. Do i run the stock LML turbo oil feed line?
2. Do I change oil pump and front cover to LBZ style and use the LML damper
3. Is teeth on the reluctor different count or the same, and is it same spacing (I can check, just seeing if anybody knows)
4. I suppose I just change rear cover

Also, any other differences anybody might have any insight into would be greatly appreciated. I might be better off just finding a LBZ/LMM short block to put in it. Just trying to see where I'm at. TIA:thumb:

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
I would just use the lml short block. Use the oil oil feed for the turbo. And if the oil pump on the lml block is good I would just use it. On the rear adapter you'll need to plug off the coolant port the runs the the egr cooler. You'll have to use the lml damper. I think the reluctor wheels are the same from lbz/lmm to the lml platform. I have both sitting on the bench I could double check for you.