LML Runs but no start P0087

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
There really is no tips and tricks on them. Just a lot of BS in the way. You're going to need a Tech 2 to program flow rates. LML's will set a light instantly if they don't match.

Yep. Moving the harnesses are the only pain, and #8 hits the condenser you just gotta finagle it out. And be careful not to lose the little metal return clips, a flat head and your finger over them work as well as long needle noses with a curved handle.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Well book time pays 15.7..... So a couple days

Lol. Prolly 6-8 hours, I would do them 1 for 1. Pull one out clean bore, hold down bolt hole and replace, make sure you have new o rings and washers. Are your hold down bolts new? Because they stretch you can over tq them but I wouldn't go higher than 36ftlbs.

BlackHillsHD

Wrench Swinger
Aug 16, 2014
Rapid City, SD
Yep. Moving the harnesses are the only pain, and #8 hits the condenser you just gotta finagle it out. And be careful not to lose the little metal return clips, a flat head and your finger over them work as well as long needle noses with a curved handle.

How on earth does an injector hit the condensor? It is mounted in front of the intercooler...

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Well I'm going to do them this weekend so I will let you know. 15.7 seems a little high just by looking at it, it seems pretty straight forward. On passenger side it looks like I can get by with just taking the whole fuel filter housing off and on the drivers side it looks like the harness has to get moved along with an inner cooler pipe and maybe some hoses.

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Well I got all 4 on the passenger side done in 3 hours last night and I don't think the drivers side is going to take me 12.7 hours. Don't know where they came up with a 15.7 hour job for that.

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Well I got the driver side and everything else wrapped up in 5 hours. Started right up, there is no check engine light and it runs better than ever. Who knew a duramax wouldn't start but run fine once started because of bad injectors. Now I have a whole new fuel system on my LML. Balance rates showed fine on the tech 2. They were just returning too much fuel and it was loosing pressure, hence the P0087 code. We couldn't tell they were bad till we did a bottle test. It gradually started worse and worse. It still would not start with a brand new fuel pump and a new Fuel Pressure regulator 2 until we did the injectors. Once that fuel pump goes, you have to do everything.

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Ya I hear ya but I'm glad its done now and the next thing its going to get is a lift pump. Very impressed with the mileage and how fast it is compared to my lmm on a stock tune.

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
Yes I think they did, however I did not do that myself. Would anyone have any use for my old injectors to get them rebuilt or modified?