Lml injectors in a lly head

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
Could or would lml injectors fit in a lly head. I think the lml bodys are smaller in diameter but would they fit in a lly head. The reason i am asking is i have a built lly motor with ported heads and valve train upgrades. It would be nice to put that engine in my lml. I know all the other stuff i have to do. That is not a big deal

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Did the rails bolt up ok? Lines fit ok? Very interesting and good info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Just dumb me thinking. But because it has a larger oring holding it center and isn't centered on the body itself (assuming) how is it ever going to stay in place?

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Just dumb me thinking. But because it has a larger oring holding it center and isn't centered on the body itself (assuming) how is it ever going to stay in place?

The o ring on the injector is only there to seal out debris. You could run without them in a pinch.

Last edited:

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
Finally got to work on my truck and engine. The lml injectors fit perfect with lly heads. You just run the lml lower valve cover and the upper valve cover. The orings i used were 15.8 id and 20.6 od and they held the injector nice and snug.

torqued2dmax

Mar 26, 2017
Brookville, PA
As our trucks get older it is going to get harder to maintain them and some people have tons of $ in the built LLYs , now we know of a new option thanks to your tenacity !

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Now to make it run off them. How do you plan on doing that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

NVM my bad, I just seen your sticking this in your lml platform.

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
Does anyone know if you could run lbz/lmm injectors in a lml head?

I am going to do that here shortly. The injector bores will have to be drilled our some but there is enough material in the head to do that. I am going to do that in about 2 weeks. I am going to put the lml engine that was in my truck into my boat and use lbz injectors and electronics.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I am going to do that here shortly. The injector bores will have to be drilled our some but there is enough material in the head to do that. I am going to do that in about 2 weeks. I am going to put the lml engine that was in my truck into my boat and use lbz injectors and electronics.

I like your style...:D

Duramax boat!:thumb: