lml injection pump replacement

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
I'm halfway through as in have the new pump installed. Do these send trash through the injectors or what's the deal when the pump goes? Do I need to clean everything out and drain the tank?

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
what happened to the pump? there is also a good chance metal shavings made their way into the rails and injectors.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I apologize I'm no expert but I have heard the same thing from reputable/knowledgeable folks....when they fail, they do damage downstream:mad:

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
I apologize I'm no expert but I have heard the same thing from reputable/knowledgeable folks....when they fail, they do damage downstream:mad:

Same, there was a post a few weeks ago about a failed cp3 and I think it was dieselmafiaper that posted pictures of the metal shavings sent down stream.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
I have 8 injectors to go in as well. It wouldn't build pressure truck was running fine and just slowly lost power. When I scanned it, it had very little rail psi

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
There are timing marks on the gears that are supposed to be lined up.

elliottw

Jan 23, 2013
ND
They changed that bulletin recently, it used to be you replace everything (pump, all lines, rail, injectors etc) now its just the pump and filter head and you flush everything else out. The two I've done since they changed the bulletin also needed injectors but everything else I just flushed out.

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
i have done a couple. You better drop the tank and flush it out too. The couple I did had metal all over on the bottom of the tank. That will save you from buying everything twice.