LML CP4 Problems

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Yikes, I’ve put 15k on mine since I picked it up 6 months ago. Was bone stock I’ll I had it. My conversion kit and exergy pump just showed up on Friday, I need to get it on ASAP!

FROGMAN524

Jul 17, 2010
Yikes, I’ve put 15k on mine since I picked it up 6 months ago. Was bone stock I’ll I had it. My conversion kit and exergy pump just showed up on Friday, I need to get it on ASAP!

Where’s your install thread again? I can’t seem to find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
So has anyone heard of anyone having a failure with a system saver installed to give any feedback on if it worked or not or how long after the injectors lasted?

My fear is that the 20 micron screen may save it but for the time it takes for the screen to get plugged off how much of that smaller material gets through to the injectors causing damage that may show up down the road?

classic72

May 22, 2019
I just created a new post for suggestions, but just chiming in that it just happened to my '15 Denali HD. Dealer wants $11k. I bought the truck 3 months ago with 95k miles. I am now at 103k.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
AC Delco pump kit part # 12672028 is the kit you need if you are going to keep the cp4. You can probably save yourself a bunch of money by purchasing online somewhere rather than paying dealer markup on it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

classic72

May 22, 2019
As a sidenote, I recommend anyone who has experienced this problem to report it to the NHTSA. I just reported my incident and if enough continue to do it GM should issue a safety recall. Losing all power, including power steering and brakes while at highway speeds pulling a 20k pound loaded trailer is nothing to sneeze at. Fortunately I wasn't towing my usual load that day. GM lists it as a "hard start, no start" issue which is BS. These fuel pumps don't explode when the engine isn't running.

Here is the link to NHTSA:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
I've got 142,xxx miles should I be worried?

The chance is always there, even if you have a lift pump. Some people have made it hundreds of thousands of miles where others haven't made it to 100k before it goes. A cp3 swap isn't hard, just takes some time to get at it, and it's cheaper than what is needed after the cp4 let's loose.