lml allison build pressure question...Ratiotek or TCM tuning ??

marc75

Apr 22, 2009
Hi Guys like title said on a built trans with 700whp + do im better with pump stock and TCM tuning or Ratiotek kit with factory pressure in TCM ??
suncoast clutches and 3disk converter of course...

thank you

marc75

Apr 22, 2009
PR or PRX kit ? orange or yellow spring ? LML S369SX-E w/60s Kory tuning should be in 700whp range

marc75

Apr 22, 2009
installed PRX ratiotek kit w/shim and hit 400psi (2016denali with T87) ....i think it's too much do i need to switch to PR kit ? only remove shim ? change VB spring ? thank you for your help

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
installed PRX ratiotek kit w/shim and hit 400psi (2016denali with T87) ....i think it's too much do i need to switch to PR kit ? only remove shim ? change VB spring ? thank you for your help

400 psi on a spike is not too high.

marc75

Apr 22, 2009
ok...can you tell me the best way to check psi... wot throttle ? cruise 60 mph ? and what psi should i see and temp ?
thank you

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
First of all you have to tell me everything you used in the kit. I can't see what you did. Which accumalator spring did you use in the valve body ( blue or tan )? Any trans tuning?
Install pressure gauge and check idle pressure. Then start driving truck and see what the gauge does on every upshift and downshift. What is the pressure when TCC occurs?
Last; come to a stop and launch the truck at WOT. How long will the pressure hold at wide open before it drops to idle pressure.
Write all this down. Then post it up.

marc75

Apr 22, 2009
First of all you have to tell me everything you used in the kit. I can't see what you did. Which accumalator spring did you use in the valve body ( blue or tan )? Any trans tuning?
Install pressure gauge and check idle pressure. Then start driving truck and see what the gauge does on every upshift and downshift. What is the pressure when TCC occurs?
Last; come to a stop and launch the truck at WOT. How long will the pressure hold at wide open before it drops to idle pressure.
Write all this down. Then post it up.

Ok ill do monday thank you ....installed pressure gauge 0-500 on CTS2 ill take video with app % beside trans line...in valve body i took the longer spring...trans shift great and temp is good too ....hit 150* when floor it after 2 pass an drop to 120* but outside temp here was 5*F

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

marc75

Apr 22, 2009
Make sure you change both filters often as those carbonite clutches shed a lot of material. They are known to sand themselves down. They will hold a lot of power while they are alive.

Ok thank you Mike...do you suggest other clutches ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk