LLY turbo on LBZ?

Wturnbo

Mar 9, 2017
Flagstaff,Az
New to the diesel world

I have 06 gmc 2500hd suppose to have lly vin code of 2 but recently found put when i bought it off of a relative they. Upgraded the motor when it messed up they put lbz. Now for my problem the turbo went out bought parts for lly an come to find out they are differnet sizes. Can i put a lly front turbo housing on the lbz so i can have the 63 mm wheel instead of 60?

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Junkyard, or post a WTB ad on here. Might be able to get it machined out too.

What parts did you buy that you need to change the front cover? Did the kit come with a compressor wheel?

Wturnbo

Mar 9, 2017
Flagstaff,Az
Bought a rebuild kit thought just the bearings were out then took it apart an wheel an shaft had damage didnt think to mic it out the housing an ordered all the parts. But im havomg a diesel shop around here rebuild it for me so now looking to get it machined or take get a new wheel. The wheel is for a lly so its 63mm an mine is a lbz 60 mm only thing that is wrong so i can put my truck back together

Wturnbo

Mar 9, 2017
Flagstaff,Az
Trying to get it back running right now been lots of parts i have been throwing into it gonna put in a little bit better wheel an then once it gets going an stays running longer than a month i plan on making it better. Already straight piped 3 inch an kn cold air. What do you recommend i upgrade in he turbo area for small performance upgrade. Dont haul much with it just every now an then

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
High flow vanes. Won't require any machine work. You can also run a different turbine wheel but if you're on a tight budget might as well stay stock as possible. They run just fine with the 60mm compressor

Wturnbo

Mar 9, 2017
Flagstaff,Az
Finally got the turbo put on about a month ago so far so good until today check light came on now i have underboost code an not enough pressure in fuel rail any suggestions as to t could be? Im thinking maybe fuel pressure regulator but want if anyone has had this an it was something else