LLY Overheating Video

TxChristopher

Sometimes Helpful
Feb 8, 2007
I can't believe that anyone would keep running their truck hard like that without letting up. What the hell was wrong with that guy, was he expecting that it would pull its rated load at normal freeway speeds and not overheat?????

TxChristopher

Sometimes Helpful
Feb 8, 2007
I sense sarcasm... :D It WAS you, wasnt it?

Yup. Thats the video I presented at the hearing for our lawsuit against GM for the overheating LLY problem. GM put a whole new engine in the truck and put on the 2006 intake "fix" and were confident that it would not overheat. As you can see they were wrong! :D

What you see in the video was just part of 8 hours of video made over 1300 miles towing that setup across Texas.

The 1093 was unrelated to the overheat, I was just low on fuel and had caught the limp at the peak of a hill right before the tape picks up on the limp, but sometimes playing dumb and including any faults you can find is a good idea. Apparently the judge agreed, we were awarded right at $30,500 and kept the truck too. :D Not too bad I guess! :cool2:

turBeau

Sep 12, 2006
I can't believe that anyone would keep running their truck hard like that without letting up. What the hell was wrong with that guy, was he expecting that it would pull its rated load at normal freeway speeds and not overheat?????

Yea, what was he thinking?!:rofl:

Silly guy, steep, long pulls are for goats not dmax's.

If only that Dmax would've drank his V2.
;)

Last edited: