Lly no data recieved

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
Reminded tonight as to why I lbz swapped my last lly because I can’t stand the tuning problems associated with them. So before I even attempted to flash another lly I bought, I pulled the radio fuse and then licensed and attempted to flash it. Failed half way through no data received. Unhooked everything, shut key off; restarted computer, etc talked to mark he said also pull info fuse. Did that as well with no luck. Unplugged ecm and let it sit. Plugged back in, tried again same thing no data received. Tried 7.5 and v8. So Iv also pulled about every fuse one by one and attempting flash every time with the same results. I know some guys have had some big issues in the past flashing lly. What are somethings you may have found that help get the tune in that we’re obvious issues?

Gonna bench flash it in the morning, but damn if this isn’t gonna be annoying trying to dial in the truck

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
I always pull the info and radio fuse, then hold my breath that it doesn’t have an issue. The last LLY that did this I was able to recover but had to send in the ECM.

LMK if you end up needing help.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
LLY ECM and TCM seem to be hit and miss.
Mine flashes with no issue on the ECM and TCM through the OBD port.

A friend of mine will flash the ECM but not the TCM. I have pulled several fuses with no luck. The TCM has to be bench flashed for whatever reason on that truck.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
If it has an aftermarket radio I've found I have to pull the radio and unplug the radio adapter. I have yet to jave pulling the fuses work, but no problems after I unplug the radio adapter.

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
If it has an aftermarket radio I've found I have to pull the radio and unplug the radio adapter. I have yet to jave pulling the fuses work, but no problems after I unplug the radio adapter.

Agree. Radio interface and command starts are always my issue. Unplug and flash good.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Or pop the buss bar out and connect pin 2&4 (I think) then the ecm is the only module on the data line and it'll flash.. I have to do this on lb7 trucks regularly