LLY inj knocking bad

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Hey guys Ive been having some injector problems in the last couple of months. Its not a Harrness or connector problem either. Back in dec i got #6 repalced with a new bosch reman because it had a +5.5 rate. Now im having a bad knock under easy acceleration . WOT no noise, only knocks when engine is at operating temp. I know its coming from the drivers side. I can put diesel kleen in and the knock will go away but as soon as i fill up without using additive the knock comes back and it sounds terrible. Heres a look at my rates at operation temp. Im Guessing its either #6 or #8.. Any ideas guys? would a leaky inj cause a knock or a sticking closed inj cause a knock? Im guessing my #6 inj i just replaced took a shit after only 3k.
IMG_20130310_212527_zps7ff4615c.jpg

bmos37

Nov 23, 2008
Gainesville,FL.
Looks like you have a problem with six out of the eight, I am sure that the balance rates should always be between +/-4 anything above that is a problem.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
you know what they say when one goes the rest arent far behind. best to just do a whole set when one goes.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Balance rates are fine, Could have a sticky injector.. Have you used the full 100g mix of power service in a single fill up?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Yes i have and as stated in my previous posts the knock will go away using additive then will come back.

I read your previous post regarding the power service, I did not know if you were using the recomended amount of power service VS Fuel..;) I had a sticky injector that after 2 tanks of mixing a full 100g treatment to full tanks of fuel went away. I still run some 2 stroke and power service every so often but have not had a issue/knock since. I assume you have already logged the rest of the fuel system? ( Rail Pressure Actual VS Desired , ETC).....

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
I read your previous post regarding the power service, I did not know if you were using the recomended amount of power service VS Fuel..;) I had a sticky injector that after 2 tanks of mixing a full 100g treatment to full tanks of fuel went away. I still run some 2 stroke and power service every so often but have not had a issue/knock since. I assume you have already logged the rest of the fuel system? ( Rail Pressure Actual VS Desired , ETC).....
Yes ive logged the truck nurmerous times and everything checks out fine. I though about using 2 stroke oil but i figured the knock will just come back. Would you think it would be #6 causing my problems? its only 4 months old:confused:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Yes ive logged the truck nurmerous times and everything checks out fine. I though about using 2 stroke oil but i figured the knock will just come back. Would you think it would be #6 causing my problems? its only 4 months old:confused:

Its hard to say, A couple years ago when I was swapping out injectors/nozzles pretty regulary on my 05, I was pulling my hair out with balance rates.. B.R.'s are always compensating for one another and some times simply switching injectors to different cylinders would yeild completly different rates. Point being if there all in spec and everything else is checking out while logging the fuel system and utilizing the DVT function I would suggest just running it :) Maybe get some Wally world 2 stroke oil, its cheap and will do nothing but good things for lubricating the fuel system and quiting things down some..

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Its hard to say, A couple years ago when I was swapping out injectors/nozzles pretty regulary on my 05, I was pulling my hair out with balance rates.. B.R.'s are always compensating for one another and some times simply switching injectors to different cylinders would yeild completly different rates. Point being if there all in spec and everything else is checking out while logging the fuel system and utilizing the DVT function I would suggest just running it :) Maybe get some Wally world 2 stroke oil, its cheap and will do nothing but good things for lubricating the fuel system and quiting things down some..
Hmm ya i feel ya it just sounds horrible. I just ended up ording an inj from Henry so i guess we'll see if i can find the culprit. But till it gets here ill put some 2 stroke oil in her. Thanks for the input.