limp mode?

dbtravis

is rattling my brain out
Jan 25, 2009
Michigan
is that when your trans goes to downshift, loses power, stays in 4th gear, won't allow you to go in reverse? cuz that happened this morning (again) and after a quick shut off/on it went in reverse... how bad is that?

Black & Silver

Oct 28, 2007
Las Vegas
Mine is doing the same thing all of a sudden, doing about 70mph then jump on it it will down shift and then sticks in 4th or 5th gear. GMC replaced the shift module the first time, found nothing the second time and now it is back in the shop. Please help what is the solution?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Mine is doing the same thing all of a sudden, doing about 70mph then jump on it it will down shift and then sticks in 4th or 5th gear. GMC replaced the shift module the first time, found nothing the second time and now it is back in the shop. Please help what is the solution?

Does your check engine light come on when it does this?

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
they said P700 Transmission Control Unit

Who's "they"? The scanners they have at ricerzone usually can't pull the TCM codes, so the only one they's get is the P0700 that the TCM sent to the ECM. As everyone above said, sounds like you limped it; start saving :).

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Seeing as you are in Vegas, I would make the journey to see Mike Lovrich at Inglewood Transmission in Fullerton,CA. I heard he is pretty good with these transmissions.

He will likely talk you into a suncoast IV kit with a Precision ML converter. This will include new clutches, shift kit, and a guaranteed smile on your face as you smoke the tires down the street in front of his shop when you leave!

Black & Silver

Oct 28, 2007
Las Vegas
Seeing as you are in Vegas, I would make the journey to see Mike Lovrich at Inglewood Transmission in Fullerton,CA. I heard he is pretty good with these transmissions.

He will likely talk you into a suncoast IV kit with a Precision ML converter. This will include new clutches, shift kit, and a guaranteed smile on your face as you smoke the tires down the street in front of his shop when you leave!

call mike L he will take care of you!

Thanks for all your help:beer

mainer

Nov 11, 2008

mike, what exactly does the street look like in front of your shop? i always wondered if the roads around all the well known dmax tranny and engine shops were covered in posi burnout marks