Help: Limp mode with three codes

Bradstroud

Nov 13, 2013
Enterprise, MS
Hi all, from Enterprise MIssissippi here.. I have a 2007 chevy 6.6, all stock, approx 150k miles. After making a 200+ Mile trip to the delta on Friday, with no troubles, going through the red lights in Greenville ms, my dic reads reduced engine power and check engine light is on, and my truck limps along. I took to autozone and they hooked up computer and printed 3 codes P2463, P2455, P2033. The truck will now run several miles, problem free, except engine light, then reduced power mode begins and truck limps.. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.. Thank you

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Define limp? Are you in 3 rd gear or are you RPM restricted? When is the last time you changed your fuel filter?

Bradstroud

Nov 13, 2013
Enterprise, MS
My rpm's go up some but it doesn't accelerate/speed up... Takes forever to get to speed.. Will go 60 downhill and 40-45 up hill... Changed fuel filter a month ago..

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
I would personally go pick up some dieselkleen or another form of fuel treatman put a little more then it calls for in your tank and then fill up again at a well known diesel place your normally get fuel from...

Bradstroud

Nov 13, 2013
Enterprise, MS
p2463 Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation
p2455 Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor 'A' Circuit High
P2033 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 1 Sensor 2

But i dont know how to correct these problems.. hoping to keep from having to take to chevy place

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
You have not ran a tuner in it? The filter is stopped up. You are getting exhaust restrictions and making egts get to high. That's making it ho into s fail safe mode. Limited rpms.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
You have an open ground or signal wire somewhere in regards to the EGT and DPF pressure sensor. "High" means the circuit voltage is stuck at the high end which almost always means an open ground or signal wire.

Last edited:

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Both of those sensors share the same X300 connector, which is located by the fuse block under the hood. My first step would be to check for mice turds around there.

EDIT: Misread the location. The connector is down on the driver's side of the frame. But I would still look for signs of broken wires.