Lift with stock wheels?

Dmeiborg

Oct 12, 2013
I've searched but haven't had any luck with an answer. My wife and I are starting to look for a lift for my 09 LMM. My ending goal is about 4in with 33s. Doesn't everything fit with stock 16s? I'm tossing the idea of dodge 5 spoke wheels but who knows. Input is great and pictures are even better! Thanks!

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Depends how wide the tires and offset are. I can get stock PYO's BFG 35x12.5 16's on the pull truck with no lift. The same wheel/tire combo will not go on my daily driver with a 4" tough country. The upper A-arm rubs the tire.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
I'm running a 305/70/16 (33x12.50) on stock pyo's and cranked bars. The tires rub on the sway bar but only at full lock. I wish gm would have made the wheels an inch wider. I love the wheels, hate the width.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
285/75R16 should fit with the bars up a bit no problem. That's what I had on my '05 with stock wheels/suspension.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
A lot of it has to do with the lift it's self. If it's a knuckle lift, it will depend on how they made the knuckle so the wheel/tire clear. A upper control arm drop kit is more likely to have stock wheels fit but I'm am not at all fond of those and would suggest not going that route. There are a few kits that still allow the stock wheels to be used, I just can't remember then off the top of my head

Dmeiborg

Oct 12, 2013
285/75R16 should fit with the bars up a bit no problem. That's what I had on my '05 with stock wheels/suspension.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

My truck has 285s in it now with no lift, I just want it to sit a little higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmeiborg

Oct 12, 2013
A lot of it has to do with the lift it's self. If it's a knuckle lift, it will depend on how they made the knuckle so the wheel/tire clear. A upper control arm drop kit is more likely to have stock wheels fit but I'm am not at all fond of those and would suggest not going that route. There are a few kits that still allow the stock wheels to be used, I just can't remember then off the top of my head

Any stock wheels, or just the 16s? Is it the back spacing thats the killer?

Dmeiborg

Oct 12, 2013
Hmm..I'll have to keep my eyes open for a cheap set I can get powder coated or something

MechanicalReign

Mar 8, 2012
Ohio
no lift kit just cranked torsion bars till it was level didn't rub, was very close to plastic on the bottom of the bumper. never hit, some people trim it