Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Other (please state which)

Votes: 28 58.3%

• Total voters

niteflite1287

Now with 3 antennas
May 30, 2010
New London, CT
Side question to all the AirDog owners out there. Was thinking about getting the ADII and read somewhere either here or DP that you shouldn't use the included fuel hose and replace it with another type of hose if you use biodiesel. And you can guess what I normally fill up at b/c thats what the sell at my local truckstop :thumb: and I would rather not have to be picky on where I fill up b/c of my fuel lines in general. Can anyone elaborate on this problem ... if it even exists.

Last edited:

Ridin'GMC

I like red
May 20, 2010
MA
You still can get quick disconnect for any lift pump setup. I built mine with quick disconnects :)

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
Going with a TTS lift pump and Nictane Filtration setup

You will be sorry you went that way when you have to replace them. They have a one year warranty and Steve always has zero failures. To repalce just the pumps cost about 300 bucks. I ran the for about three years before they quit pumping. Glad I changed to the ADII 165.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Jmo but having a quick connect is not smart.

If it's hyd it will cause restrictriction and if it's a air coupler then it will suck air untill pressurized.

Why do you need a quick connect?:confused:

and as far as lift pumps only one person I agree with and that is paint! Go with the biggest supply pump!!!

Have you ever heard of some one complaining they had to much supply?

niteflite1287

Now with 3 antennas
May 30, 2010
New London, CT
another question came up while researching. Is there any reason to choose a DF-165 over A DF-200 other than price difference for a stock or mild tuned truck. (someday I'm gonna get a nice mild two tune from one of those really smart efi guys)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
another question came up while researching. Is there any reason to choose a DF-165 over A DF-200 other than price difference for a stock or mild tuned truck. (someday I'm gonna get a nice mild two tune from one of those really smart efi guys)

I don't know about you.... Myself I hate to upgrade, so go big right from the start. Jmo

overkill is good:D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
If the ad is not a flow thu pump I would set up a "t" when installing

from what I've heard fass and ad are now flow thru though?

And IMO u can never have enough filters... As for the air Seperation I think that's a load of BS. Jmho

niteflite1287

Now with 3 antennas
May 30, 2010
New London, CT
thats kinda my feeling. I want something that will increase reliability of the truck ... I love working on the truck...just not doing everything twice. trying to figure out how i set up a bypass now. redundancy and x-connects are good hell thats why there is one on just about every single component at work.

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
I like my Holley black pump. Seems to do the job. A bit loud though.

Ports are 3/8" on that pump right? Isn't that smaller than the fuel lines? iirc they are 1/2" but it's been a while since I put my lift pump on.....

Are you running a regulator? It doesn't come with one but it says the max pressure is 14psi?

Reason I ask is that I have an Edelbrock 1792 (Essex) and I have heard some people have issues in cold weather.... and we are heading for that :( (And I removed my underhood filter because I am running the BD filter... if that Essex quits I am screwed :eek: )

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
I ran a holly black, and thought that the pump failed. Nope, the spring just got weak and it was internally bypassing and wouldn't reseat. LOL now I have a holly for sale. $150 and I'll ship it.