Lift pump fuel lines ?

T2CH

<<<Me...Not My Wife...
Apr 30, 2008
Charlottesville, Va
I attempted to install my new AD II on Sat. Everything was going fine until it came time to getting the quick disconnects aprt on the fuel lines. I have two different kinds of tools but none seemed to work.
Am I not pulling apart hard enough? Do I need a better tool? (I bought these at Advance.)

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
I use the cheap ones i got from orilly's, and yes these can be a PAIN if you have never done this before, make sure u are using the right size tool for starters (dont ask me cus i cant remember right now), second the way these work there are 4 little prongs that grab onto the line, slide the tool in the quick-conect then push the lines together, then pull apart. If you dont push the lines together sometime the prongs wont release from the male line. hope this helps

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
:thumb: im pretty sure its a 3/8 tool, let me know how you like that lift pump i just ordered mine 10 minuets ago :rofl:

T2CH

<<<Me...Not My Wife...
Apr 30, 2008
Charlottesville, Va
Update:
Ihad a friend who owns a shop get them apart. One of the prongs was stuck and we finally got it apart. The rest was simple.
Truck runs great! Seems to be better with the lift pump. Very quiet, I can't hear it with the truck running.

408.Luke

Joined the DARKSIDE
Sep 19, 2009
Houston
good to hear you got it working :thumb: i was worried that my KD lift pump spoiled me on the quietness