Left Hand Alli Filler tubes

Booger

give me a hammer
May 3, 2008
That cowl does come out wayyy far making the dipstick really long. The LMM dipstick hangs out like a foot and a half out the bottom of the left handed dipstick tube that Mike had. Plus the OEM dipstick has a bunch of different bends in it than the other trucks because we were going to see if it could just be extended, but wasnt possible.

Last edited:

TNRGreene

Kicked to the Curb
Sep 2, 2006
Bradenton, Florida
Okay HOW do you get these installed? I couldnt get mine to fit at all.

I'm only guessing but did you take out the trans cross member & lower the trans a little? I may be way off base but while I was playing around with my own design that was the only way I could get it in. I can't be sure this is your problem

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I'm only guessing but did you take out the trans cross member & lower the trans a little? I may be way off base but while I was playing around with my own design that was the only way I could get it in. I can't be sure this is your problem

You dont have to move anything to get it in. Lowering the trans would help, but you can do it without its just a PITA.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Can someone show pics of it installed. I would like to see its location so I know Im trying to put it in the right hole:D

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Can someone show pics of it installed. I would like to see its location so I know Im trying to put it in the right hole:D

Probloms finding the right hole:D Ill take some pics of mine in a couple days

The install went so smooth on a lb7,the only thing i had to do was remove a few of the bolt that holds the fuel lines on

It makes for a lot of room now for larger down pipes:cool:

CHYKYNLIPS

GA Diesel
Aug 22, 2009
Nevermind, Mike L told me through pm that the ds dipstick will not work on the LMM. Wonder if flex pipe would work? Cut off the first few inched of the tube then use hose clamps to attach a small diameter flex pipe? Im not sure if it will allow fluid in it though without leaking out.

CHYKYNLIPS

GA Diesel
Aug 22, 2009
No problem on the LBZ, right ? GPCM ??

right. the lbz was what it was designed for but i think it works on all except the LMM because the lengths are different. Ive heard some guys say the gp controller was the only snag and i have heard others say it was not an issue.