LED Dash Lights

496 BB

Head Thread De-Railer
Feb 20, 2009
At your girlfriends house
Sure there is LEDs you can out in there its just a matter of how much effort you want to spend on doing it. Its not all that hard but its sure as hell time consuming. Ive got my whole entire truck LEDs with door switches and everything else.

P1030646.jpg

P1030638.jpg

DoorswitchLEDs019.jpg

4x4LED001.jpg

P1030656-1.jpg

P1030658-1.jpg

Camera kinda sucks so it really doesnt do it justice but you get the point. I have to find out if the 03+ door switches have surface mount bulbs or if they are like mine. I will be doing a local friends here in bout a month or so and then I will know. I can bring some DIYs I have elsewhere over here if you would like to look at it. Basically on yours the dash you would have to solder in each LED to the circuit board and need a voltmeter to find the + and - of each outlet since LEDs are polarity sensitive. They light only one way. Then you add a resistor the the + side and solder the anode (long leg) of the LED to the resistor and the cathode ( - side and short side of LED) to the remaining hole in circuit board to complete the circuit. Patience it what it takes :D

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
i did my truck over a period of a few weeks. well worth it imo just takes ALOT of patience and a little thinking with the hvac controller...

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
that looks cool.....about half my lights on the insdie are gone:mad:....so this looks like a definitive alternative