LBZ: Lbz vs lmm oil pump

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
The part number change maybe the difference between right or left hand thread i'm not real sure. But It's a good idea to go with the left hand threaded one

PSConvert

Old FNG
May 30, 2009
SW Michigan
The part number change maybe the difference between right or left hand thread i'm not real sure. But It's a good idea to go with the left hand threaded one

Nope, that changed with the lly. Lbz up has the left hand thread.
From everything I know the Lbz and lmm should physically be the same and some say it interchanges, others have told me they don't think it will.
I'm trying to figure out if it's physically different or a volume change or pressure ??

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
I have seen a Milling i believe part number M316 make a little better pressure across the board than any stock oil pump but if that's not in the budget shim the stock one it will get a little more just not at idle

PSConvert

Old FNG
May 30, 2009
SW Michigan
I have seen a Milling i believe part number M316 make a little better pressure across the board than any stock oil pump but if that's not in the budget shim the stock one it will get a little more just not at idle

Yeah. I originally went with a Melling.
0 miles, haven't gotten the engine to start yet even, and the pump has failed. Also had a friend lose his melling on his pulling truck. Countershaft bound and broke the housing (though not as bad as mine). Luckily his was still producing around 20psi so it didn't kill his engine.

I'll be going back to a stocker. Just trying to find one (on national backorder) and I happened to find 2 lmm pumps in stock.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php