lbz vs lly rails

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
whats the difference if any between lly and lbz fuel rails? and if there is a difference can lbz rails be used on a lly?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
LLY rails have the rail pressure sensor port on the top center of the passenger's side rail. LBZ rails have it on the rear. The fuel line connections are also different. On the LLY, they are just like the injector end, but the LBZ has a sort of collar that comes up around the end of the line that the nut threads onto. You'll see what I mean if you look at one.

You can run them, but you would need to get new lines and extend your rail pressure sensor harness.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
thanks josh. can the pressure sensor be eliminated in order to utilize that port as another supply????

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Ecm needs to read pressure from somewhere. Not sure if it would be possible to put a sensor where the FPRV is....

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
No, you have to have a pressure sensor somewhere in the system.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
PPE makes the FPRV port a supply in their dual CP3 kits for the LBZ and LMM. I suppose you could do the same for the rail pressure sensor and just put it in the block they use to relocate the FPRV if you wanted to feed each rail with one pump instead of running both into one.

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Not to HighJack but what about Lb7 to LLY rails?
Reason I ask is I RacePlugged mine but now am throwing low RP code again

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Not to HighJack but what about Lb7 to LLY rails?
Reason I ask is I RacePlugged mine but now am throwing low RP code again

Bottle test. And if it's a lb7 check the distribution block in the middle. Isn't there a fprv on that block on a 7???

TRUBBS

Jul 6, 2011
Bottle test. And if it's a lb7 check the distribution block in the middle. Isn't there a fprv on that block on a 7???

mines an LLY, but i have a set of stock lb7 rails off a core engine i was hoping i could use if needed.

im going to bottle test either this week or next when i install the lift pump/fuel system