LBZ Standalone Harness

paulllyw

Sep 23, 2019
Maryland
Hello All,

I'm in the middle of an LBZ swap into a 4 door Jeep conversion w/ a flatbed, full roll cage, roof rack, etc. All custom. I bought a 75k mile donor vehicle which had electrical issues due to the wreck (couldn't get comms between the ECM (which was hit in the accident), BCM, and other subsystems so decided going to cut from the firewall forward minus the obd2 wiring, gauge display connector, and accelerator connector. I'm having a hard time justifying $1000+ for a standalone harness when I should be able to theoretically make my own and unlock the security with EFI live for around $200. I'm having trouble finding any information other than people discussing it in generic terms. I would like information on what other people did (what wires were required, what tuning they did, etc.) so that I don't find myself stuck with just a bunch of wires and a TCM and ECM if I can't get anywhere. I've seen a thread where he talks about it at a high level, but I would like more in depth step by step type of info if anyone has that or can send me in the right direction. TIA and please let me know if this should be in a different forum and I will move it!

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
If you look at the EFIlive document on bench harness, it will give you the ECM and TCM pinout for hot wires ya need.

Suggest you fuse and relay those hots from your key / switch, the starter directly to key. That's enough to get ya going on power and crabking. Then disable VATS in tune file and it should run.

-K

Sent from a russian troll farm using Tapatalk

rfletes79

Mar 5, 2010
Galt, Ca 95632
Standaloneharness.com Ken Wolkens doesn’t charge 1000$+ for his duramax stand-alone harness’s. I’ve been using him for years, get 1-2 a month and every one has been perfect. That’s what I would do. And I’ve done my own harness in the past.

Reactions: Bambijeep