LBZ short block

isuzulb7

Nov 19, 2010
uxbridge,ontario canada
ok so i broke the crank in my truck and have a lbz motor i want to use the short block from but i know the lbz pistons are junk. Do you guys think that the lbz pistons would be ok on a stock turbo truck? i just really dont want to buy all new bearings and rings and pay to get it balanced with the lb7 pistons. What are thoughts on just slapping my lb7 heads on and drive on?

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
I have run the hell out of my stock LBZ pistons they now have 75000 miles on them and since 32000 miles they have had a set of 60% over injectors along with a s400 turbo, they might bust and crack tomarrow but so far they have held up under me and my playing around and hell number 8 has even crushed some corn :eek:

isuzulb7

Nov 19, 2010
uxbridge,ontario canada
ya i was originally going to use lb7 pistons and get it all re ballanced and every thing but im very short on money so i cant really afford to but i am scared to put the short block in with the lbz pistons :(

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
well then spend the time and money to put the lb7 pistons in there if your scared of cracking a lbz piston