LBZ Short Block

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I've came to terms that I will probably end up bending my rods sometime next year. For what the truck will be used for I beleive the lbz short block with lly pistons will be enough for me. Was wondering what these things are going for? Would like to find one at some point thats good and just refresh it with stock bore lly pistons. Anyone know about what these are going for??

Randy5.0

MAKE IT 3 YDS MF
Sep 7, 2008
I think you will be allright. I've got this new idea to beef up factory rods without removing them. :secret:I don't want to say too much, but it involves duct tape and popsicle sticks. shhhhh

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I've came to terms that I will probably end up bending my rods sometime next year. For what the truck will be used for I beleive the lbz short block with lly pistons will be enough for me. Was wondering what these things are going for? Would like to find one at some point thats good and just refresh it with stock bore lly pistons. Anyone know about what these are going for??

Steve I have some LBZ rods for sale...

From what I have learned, the LB7/LLY cranks are more desirable. So LBZ rods with LB7/LLY crank and cut LB7/LLY pistons, in my own opinion, would be your best bet if you dont want to spend the $ on carillos/crowers.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Steve I have some LBZ rods for sale...

From what I have learned, the LB7/LLY cranks are more desirable. So LBZ rods with LB7/LLY crank and cut LB7/LLY pistons, in my own opinion, would be your best bet if you dont want to spend the $ on carillos/crowers.

Thanks for the info Ben.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
why do you think your gonna bend your rods :confused: Pull some fuel and your still faster than most :D

Well Larry thats easier said than done. I love drag racing. Maybe I will be lucky and it wont happen. I have my shift points around 3600 to keep it out of the lower rpms.

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
Well Larry thats easier said than done. I love drag racing. Maybe I will be lucky and it wont happen. I have my shift points around 3600 to keep it out of the lower rpms.
I have mine shifting at 3600 rpms too, also not bringing in full fuel till 2800 rpms

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I think you will be allright. I've got this new idea to beef up factory rods without removing them. :secret:I don't want to say too much, but it involves duct tape and popsicle sticks. shhhhh

Ok Randy, Im full as I just ate a full box of blow pops to get the sticks!! Now what!!!! I even bought some gorilla duct tape!!!!

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Ok Randy, Im full as I just ate a full box of blow pops to get the sticks!! Now what!!!! I even bought some gorilla duct tape!!!!

Gorilla duct tape, your going all out, that's the good stuff! By the way you have the wrong sticks,IIR you need Popsicle sticks not lollipop sticks! Just a hint because your gonna get fat trying to get the proper sticks for your build.

Get some fudgesicles or follow a good humor truck around and steal them from the kids. That's what I plan on doing now that the cats out of the bag is hustling some elementary school kids. :D

E.carter

Feb 16, 2008
Princeton, Iowa
Damn you steve:spit: The way I saw your post on the home page I thought it was a post for an bz short block for sale. I am looking for one and thought I may have gotten lucky to find one so close to home. After reading I see you want to build one:D. It sucks tryin to do a build. I am trying to find all the parts right now on a certain budget and cant quite put all of the parts to the puzzle together. Good luck and if I find me a donor motor The rods inside will be of no use to me:thumb:

Randy5.0

MAKE IT 3 YDS MF
Sep 7, 2008
Gorilla duct tape, your going all out, that's the good stuff! By the way you have the wrong sticks,IIR you need Popsicle sticks not lollipop sticks! Just a hint because your gonna get fat trying to get the proper sticks for your build.

Get some fudgesicles or follow a good humor truck around and steal them from the kids. That's what I plan on doing now that the cats out of the bag is hustling some elementary school kids. :D

I think you may be on to something....... I think the fudge will help further strengthen the grain structure of the stick. Combined with the Gorilla duct tape (as long as you stretch it on tight enough) sounds like the winning ticket.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Seeing this thread pop back up I thought maybe someone had one for sale:(:D

Last edited: