Lbz rookie wiring info

Monsterdmax

Monsterdmax
Apr 9, 2012
Alberta/canada
Changed out headgasket studs and installed dual fueler kit from ppe with a twin turbo kit plus injectors but in all my work I rubbed the lettering off my harness and cannot figure out where the large red power wire from the harness goes. Seems like it would mount on back of altenator to me but wanna be sure. Engine is lbz...thx in advance will get pics up soon

BALBZ

Aug 3, 2011
Eastern Shore of MD
It could be your intake air heater power wire which is no longer used unless you got a kit that uses your factory IA heater. A little more info and pics would be very helpful that way we know what wire you are talking about.

Also fill out your signature it will help us help you. Go to user cp and on the left hand side you will see edit signature fill it out and hit save.:thumb:

Monsterdmax

Monsterdmax
Apr 9, 2012
Alberta/canada
Ah thank you that triggered what was left of my label on the wire after being tossed around throughout the job. Should a guy just cut this wire or tape it up and tie it out of the way good enough?

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
Ah thank you that triggered what was left of my label on the wire after being tossed around throughout the job. Should a guy just cut this wire or tape it up and tie it out of the way good enough?

You can actually follow it back to the fuse box and unhook it and remove it completely from the truck