LBZ radiator shroud

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
Last time I was in the stealership getting my idler/pitman/colonoscopy done the mechanic told me that I was missing the radiator shroud aka "lower panel". Anyways, I go ahead and order one and it is the wrong part. It seems that there are 2 under there, one just below the fan and another that runs from the bumper to another mounting point. Can someone snap a picture:please: and verify for me that there is another panel? I checked the diagram on gmpartsdirect and the upper panel doesn't match either, too much sun today.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
The fan shroud is a three piece deal on the LBZs. There is the regular fan shroud that has an upper half and a lower half. The lower half sits in a channel below the radiator and is held in place by the upper fan shroud. The upper shroud is held in by 2 bolts on top that go into the radiator and 4 push in pins (2 on each side, similar to what holds the inner fender liner in place but larger). The third part is a circular piece that goes behind the fan and has a rubber seal that seals to the radiator shroud.

Now then, there is also another piece that goes in front of the cooling stack that is a scoop that directs the air up from the bumper nostrils into the transmission cooler. It connects to the same channel that the lower fan shroud connects to and wraps around the sides and attaches somewhere off to the side, but as I recall, it does not attach to the bumper.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
2 bolts on top. 4 push in clips. 2 on each side. Then the top will come off. One bolt on each side holding the bottom section on.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Remove the three bolts holding it to the brackets, then remove the fan. Pull it all out together.

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
Remove the three bolts holding it to the brackets, then remove the fan. Pull it all out together.

I'll add that unless you are worried a lot about working the truck hard in a hot climate then leave the surround shroud off. I've never had a heat issue with it off. Then you can change the belt on it without a major pita.

Sent from my SCH-I535

kspence

Aug 4, 2014
Passenger side bolt removal

Can someone tell me the best way to get to the lower passenger side bolt for the round fan housing. I can't seem to find a way to get to it. To much stuff in the way.

Thanks,
Ken

btfarm

you know
Nov 25, 2010
Sandwich, Illinois
Can someone tell me the best way to get to the lower passenger side bolt for the round fan housing. I can't seem to find a way to get to it. To much stuff in the way.

Thanks,
Ken

Take the airbox out. Pull the intake flex hose, disconnect the MAF sensor and lift the box straight out of the rubber grommets that hold it in place. Assuming you have an LBZ airbox...