LBZ Problem Child

Plugman

Jul 22, 2021
Bought a 2006 LBZ duramax. I replaced injectors and cp3. White smoke at idle but I believe it had bad fuel so tank drained and fresh fuel. Still white smoking slightly so took it out on a drive. As I was accelerating it abruptly lost all power and all the right side gauges went to zero. Truck would only go about 5 mph but I was only a couple of hundred feet to get back to the shop. Truck now runs very bad and is throwing P0652 & P0522. Hooked up to tech 2 and now most of all the values on ecm sensors are reading erratic or not possible numbers or not reading at all like balance rates. Any ideas

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Sounds like you have a short or bad ground. Look over the harness to look for any chafing or loose connections

Nate’s Dmax

Dec 11, 2020
The LBZs have a problem of wires chafing against the wheel well liner where the wires curl around to go into the ECM. I would check that along with making sure all grounds are good.

Reactions: 2004LB7

Plugman

Jul 22, 2021
The attachments may help you identify the problem
I apologize it was late last night when I was posting the correct code is P0652 not P0562. Thanks for the information. Checked the wires at the ecm and it does appear I have several chaffed wires that have rubbed all the way through the insulation and some appeared to be touching. Wasn’t able to work on it anymore but I’ll update after I get that fixed.

Reactions: Nate’s Dmax

Plugman

Jul 22, 2021
Update truck is fixed and driving! Smoke has is down to a very little haze. Turns out when installing the intake bridge where it bolts to the y bridge I smashed the a/c high pressure sensor wires in between and melted them. Crazy how one sensor shorting out can make the whole truck run like crap. Also got the wires fixed where they rubbed through on the fender liner. Still got a couple small problems to fix but the main problems are done! Thanks for all the help!