LBZ Preventive Maintenance

GoHusaberg

2007 LBZ
Dec 20, 2020
Virginia Beach
Hello all. I have a 2007 LBZ 2500HD short bed crew cab that just hit 200K. It's all stock except for a Banks high flow intake and Banks full exhaust.

We've been very happy with this workhorse and have had very few issues. From day one we have never missed the typical maintenance like oil changes, all filter changes, Dif fluid, power steering fluid flushing, etc. As anyone would do with an older truck we are simply replacing normal wear things as they die like glow plugs, ball joints, rotors, hubs, alternator, u-joints, water pump, etc.

What I am most concerned about is getting ahead of any major preventive maintenance items with the engine. I am planning to delete the EGR and get a tune for better fuel mileage and towing soon and I've heard that is one of the best preventive maintenance steps. Are there any other items you guys would recommend replacing or testing? How long do the injector last? Fuel pump?

We do a lot of trips in this truck and tow a lot of stuff. What types of things could be a show-stopper if I don't get ahead of them?

Thanks!

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
you've pretty much covered it all. as long as you are doing filters and fluid there is little left. there is no timing belts or chains so that is no issue. the injectors could possibly last the life of the truck but depending on fuel quality, use and maybe some other unknown factors they could last anywhere from 100k to 300k miles are typical. the thing about them is they rarely just let go. they normally slowly start to haze more or start to knock a little louder so I would not replace them as a preventative maintenance until you have symptoms

CP3 is kinda in the same boat as the injectors for life. they will slowly start to loose pressure on the high end but tend to continue to run fine under lower loads for quite some time

you can always look at cleaning your cooling stack, pump rub kit for transfer case, Fan clutch. a lift pump can help with priming the fuel system and help boost the pressure of the cp3 and keep air out of the fuel lines