LBZ: Lbz not fueling

Status
Not open for further replies.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Volts will show if its working. But the engine is looking for flow to reference so you needa get the grams. It's either you check and compare all the maf limit tables or you just turn the maf off to to figure out if its air related

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
How much air flow is it showing, and does it increase as your RPM increases? I'm wondering if your intake is so large it is throwing off the sensor scaling or maybe the MAF sensor was installed backward (I've seen it before). This is assuming the intake was changed with the turbo.

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
How much air flow is it showing, and does it increase as your RPM increases? I'm wondering if your intake is so large it is throwing off the sensor scaling or maybe the MAF sensor was installed backward (I've seen it before). This is assuming the intake was changed with the turbo.

Sensor is in correctly, intake was changed at the same time. It is a 5" from HSP. Don't remember how much it was showing but it does go up with rpm.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Why don't you turn it off and just see what that does. Then rescale later, or whatever. And did you ever check the desired torque? If its not throwing out a reference number that's why it's not commanding fuel flow. The fact it will command using dvt shows its prolly maf, or desired torque not meeting

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Possible but he says it idles just fine. Bad ECT sensor should have noisy and erratic idle.

I don't know what other tuners do but I address all ECT, IAT, BARO limiters and Add-On tables in my tuning, so your theory of it running like shit when cold does not apply to my tuning.......:woott:

I know you can't check the tune since it is locked but some of the DSP staging setup could cause some crazy issues as well. Probably is not the problem but throwing out ideas.

Wrong Again..........in case you were not aware those tables are not in an LBZ tune..........only LB7 & LLY DSP5-OS's have that option........;)

Maxed out all 3 tables with absolutely no change at all...:(

no comment

Maybe try it with the maf turned off. Is your maf reading correctly?

Truck will run like ass and not shift properly.

Volts will show if its working. But the engine is looking for flow to reference so you needa get the grams. It's either you check and compare all the maf limit tables or you just turn the maf off to to figure out if its air related

Why don't you turn it off and just see what that does. Then rescale later, or whatever. And did you ever check the desired torque? If its not throwing out a reference number that's why it's not commanding fuel flow. The fact it will command using dvt shows its prolly maf, or desired torque not meeting

DO NOT TURN MAF OFF.........or you can but I will be right again

:thumb:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Then what do you think is wrong with it Tony? These guys are just trying to offer some insight into diagnosing it. Wouldn't turning off the MAF help rule out a MAF issue? Either it need rescaling or if its not working correctly. IMHO I would look to the MAF tables as you changed the intake at the same time

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Look, I spoke to the person who started this thread, the tunes I used for this truck were based off a LBZ/GT4202/60%inj/5" Intake truck I live tuned in 2009.

I have used that same base file with mods on every 40/60/80/100/150/200% injector truck with a 4 or 5 inch intake and a non vvt turbo with complete success for over 5 years.

So its not the tune, in fact he has another customer truck that is quite similar to this trucks specs with the same tuning that flat out runs.

It is quite bothersome that the people in this thread with a hard-on for locked tuning are offering incorrect advise or don't even know that certain DSP staging tables are absent from LBZ/LMM DSP5 OS's.

Its for these reasons that I lock down all of my tuning so that people who either won't spend time to figure it out or jump onto incorrect assumptions thinking that someone who has tuned thousands and thousands of truck for the last nine years is making stupid mistakes and because the tuning is locked these other experts cannot help.

Does that help to answer your questions ?

I am not trying to be rude, but I had another truck, in a shop that ran fine, it then wasn't running fine after a Exergy 10mm pump swap, the coolant sensor wires were strained reporting a -38F temp, so it hits a limit table.

2 minute fix, not tuning, not because it was locked, a simple sensor left unplugged or strained wires causing an open circuit gave the ecm fits.

So now I have these advice givers telling the shop to unplug and disable sensors.

Really, so lets just disable stuff and see if it works............what a piss poor approach.

:(

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
I wouldn't use you if you was the one and only person on earth!

I don't know you other than on the net but you need to stay off the high horse your riding. I have hardly ever run a Maf sensor and never had trouble shifting. I will use your words there is more than one way to do things. I wouldn't copy your junk for nothing! You rank up there with Greg H with your better than everyone self. I still haven't seen anything you tuned run fast or should I say run faster than a dumb hillbilly tuner has gone. Help the guy, don't act like a dick.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I don't know you other than on the net but you need to stay off the high horse your riding. I have hardly ever run a Maf sensor and never had trouble shifting. I will use your words there is more than one way to do things. I wouldn't copy your junk for nothing! You rank up there with Greg H with your better than everyone self. I still haven't seen anything you tuned run fast or should I say run faster than a dumb hillbilly tuner has gone. Help the guy, don't act like a dick.

Glad I made your day............:woott:

You running it in an LBZ ???????

Or an LB7..........makes a difference.

Stepping off my horse onto a 12' tall ladder.............:roflmao:

As far as helping the guy, I sell a lot of tuning to him, so why don't you GTFO and go tune your hill billy race truck.

Its the armchair tuners that give shitty advice that cause all the problems..........and I have plenty of shit running around, I just don't have a gaggle of cheerleaders and don't pound on my chest on Facebook like King Kong every day.

So before you think you know what's going on get all your facts.

Thanks for you input.................glad your MAF-LESS tuning is awesome

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Mine never shifted bad in my lbz with maf turned off. Also I'm not saying to leave it off, just use tuning and data logging to check if its a hard part issue. That's completely reasonable approach

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
Mine never shifted bad in my lbz with maf turned off. Also I'm not saying to leave it off, just use tuning and data logging to check if its a hard part issue. That's completely reasonable approach

It can be, swapping sensors with a known good one is also smart.

1) The truck was tuned by me previous to the owner swapping injectors and the 472 on it, I simply updated the tuning for a non-vvt and larger sticks.

2) Truck never ran right after owners did the parts updates, the shop I believe got the truck from owner soon after and began diagnosis.

3) Shop owner contacted me, I checked the tune all was fine, also shop had a similar build/truck also tuned by me and runs fine with no issues.

4) Not to brag, but I have done tons and tons of non-vvt conversion LLY/LBZ/LMM trucks with singles and compounds, so its not my first go around.

5) The file matches exactly a live tuned by me 2006 LBZ/4202/60% sled puller that runs just fine, so I am ruling the file out at this point and focusing on the truck.

6) Sensor diagnostics were checked by shop, fuel temp and as far as I know all other sensors are working correctly.

7) I believe even though the available limiter tables are killed and limp tables are killed that there is another limiter being applied that is not editable in efi-live due to an issue with the truck.

8) My next course of action is going to a single OS from the 2006 and try that Tune/OS in this truck as I have seen certain OS's do weird things.

9) I have not abandoned the truck or the shop or the owner, the owners did their own work on the truck and when they had issues and could not solve them it went to the shop and has been a problem to get straight for quite some time.

Sorry if I pissed in people's Cheerio's, but I do not shut shit off just because its easier, I don't disable things in the code because its too much trouble to tune around it, I don't leave people hanging without trying to work thru the issue.

I do appreciate advice and help when its worthwhile, however when posts are added that have incorrect or wrong info it makes me wonder if people are really focused on tuning these trucks or just dabbling, because IMHO running a truck without critical sensors and blanket code killing is not tuning.

JMHO

:(

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I don't know what other tuners do but I address all ECT, IAT, BARO limiters and Add-On tables in my tuning, so your theory of it running like shit when cold does not apply to my tuning.......:woott:

Wrong Again..........in case you were not aware those tables are not in an LBZ tune..........only LB7 & LLY DSP5-OS's have that option........;)

no comment

DO NOT TURN MAF OFF.........or you can but I will be right again

ECT sensor was your possible theory not mine. Read your post and you will see that. My other post about DSP STAGING is incorrect. I wasn't thinking straight when I posted that. Kudos to you on catching that. I don't have a hard on for locked tuning what so ever. It does make it harder for a shop or Individual to diagnose a problem without the tuners help though. Maybe you should be a little more humble instead of thinking you can't make a mistake. Others posting here are throwing out ideas maybe good maybe bad but at least they are attempting to help. You come on here passing judgement like your the king of the tuning world but do not really offer a single solution. I would be tempted to try your tuning if it wasn't for one thing, I already have a damn good tuner doing it r already

Last edited:

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
ECT sensor was your possible theory not mine. Read your post and you will see that. My other post about DSP STAGING is incorrect. I wasn't thinking straight when I posted that. Kudos to you on catching that. I don't have a hard on for locked tuning what so ever. It does make it harder for a shop or Individual to diagnose a problem without the tuners help though. Maybe you should be a little more humble instead of thinking you can't make a mistake. Others posting here are throwing out ideas maybe good maybe bad but at least they are attempting to help. You come on here passing judgement like your the king of the tuning world but do not really offer a single solution. I would be tempted to try your tuning if it wasn't for one thing, I already have a damn good tuner doing it r already

Let me explain to you why I am 100% positive its not a mistake in the tuning and it has nothing to do with being cocky or humble.

I only sold locked ecms from 2006-2012, no emailed tunes period, so for six years every truck I send an ecm to the customer for had to be 100% spot on perfect, no second chances when an ecm is being mailed.

So am I positive it's not the tuning, yes I am.

Every tune I have was written while in an actual truck, in the last 8 years I have compiled over 3000 folders with almost 11,000 tune files, so in my database of tune files I have a tune for everything.

I personally have owned an LB7 for 12 years and tuned many live, I personally have owned and LBZ for 7 years and have tuned many, I personally own an LML.

As far as the LLY and LMM, many local trucks are available, so its not that I am cocky its that I have proven files.

I can check any LBZ file I send for an issue in my own LBZ, so if I put a problem tune in my own truck and they run fine I guess its not the tune then.

So even though you can't hear my voice and you think I was busting your balls I wasn't, it just gets the shop owner no where when information and assumptions are made that have no validity.

Also, as far as getting any proven tune from a professional tuner unlocked, good luck with that, nobody and I mean nobody that is considered to be good at this is sending anything out unlocked, this is due to the "other" tuners who never locked their work seeing their own tunes being resold and cutting them out of the sale.

Glad you happy with your truck, all I want is for people who want to help to at least have put the time in and tuned a truck other that their own.

Oh and one more thing, the tune was not redone for the injectors and the non-vvt, it was the same exact tune file, scripted for the non-vvt and the larger sticks, and yes I have a script just for that, scripts keep you from missing a table.

So while I not "KING" nor do I consider myself "KING" I am quite confident that I rarely miss a table or make a mistake because I triple check my work.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
GMC_2002_Dmax said:
I only sold locked ecms from 2006-2012, no emailed tunes period, so for six years every truck I send an ecm to the customer for had to be 100% spot on perfect, no second chances when an ecm is being mailed.
I don't understand this? Because I have a 2006 pulling truck that tried one of your locked emailed tunes in a few years ago.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
I don't understand this? Because I have a 2006 pulling truck that tried one of your locked emailed tunes in a few years ago.

Whats your point, you bought tuning from me in July 2012, I have no record of any updates and shortly after that you bought tuning from another tuner IIRC.

Your recent threads/post are asking for help to get your big injectors tuned in.

Who is tuning your truck now ?

What happened to the tuner after I tuned it ?

Care to elaborate ?

:confused:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Whats your point, you bought tuning from me in July 2012, I have no record of any updates and shortly after that you bought tuning from another tuner IIRC.

Your recent threads/post are asking for help to get your big injectors tuned in.

Who is tuning your truck now ?

What happened to the tuner after I tuned it ?

Care to elaborate ?

:confused:

the lbz/lmm were able to be emailed in 2012 IIRC.
^ cleared it up. My point was I thought you were saying you never emailed tunes for 2006-2012 trucks. Or that you werent able to Email things in the years <2012, and i got something in 2012. That's why I said I don't understand this..

I got a very rough tune from another tuner (rough since my turbo is to big to read out on a chassis dyno). And I've been making my own changes on it since, with some little bits of help from the dyno tuner, and anyone willing to share suggestions or info. And the tuner after your tune file was loaded (if my time line is correct) has been Mia for along time now. I think he's working in an oil field.

Status
Not open for further replies.