LBZ: LBZ no start U0101, U1301

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Tonight I was putting in a new relay for my low beam HIDs because the cheapy I bought crapped out on me. Anyways I didn't bother unhooking my batteries because its not too complicated. Well that's what I thought.

I hooked up the + connection for the relay because the lengths on the harness were weird and I wanted to hide the relay behind the drivers side headlight. As I was feeding the -connection through the lead was curled and I think it grounded itself to the TCM when I pushed it through. Didn't really think anything happened but I went to start the truck and I had no crank, service brake system, and the gear shift indicator doesn't say the truck is in park or anywhere for that matter.

I just pulled those codes with my V2. I cleared them but they come right back. I checked all the fuses except the bigger ones under the fuse box. I unhooked the batteries while I came in to type this but I doubt that will do much. Anyone have something I could try to narrow it down?

I'm not driving the truck anymore for the winter and I have another vehicle, just would like to figure this out.

20121216_195152.jpg

This is all I could find searching:

http://duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8928

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
have you tried using your v2 to connect to the tcm make sure its ok? also try a full flash on the ecm might reset it, had to do that on a lmm after a guy did something similar...

My old computer crashed and I just got EFILive running again on my new notebook tonight. I will have to try this. Disconnecting the batteries didn't do anything and I checked the 125A and 175A fuses under the plastic fuse panel cover. They were fine.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Well no luck with the V2. I grounded the TCM heat sink to the chassis and the truck started and sputtered out twice, thought it took out the ECM too. Cleared the codes and it started and ran fine.

Guess I should start searching for a TCM. It's weird that my 07 didn't have a cover and my 06 did. I noticed that when I got it but never thought anything of it.

If anyone knows of one it would be greatly appreciated.

Guessing I won't have any luck with a dealer warrantying this? Truck has 42k miles on it. :(