LBZ/LMM Elevated Idle Tables

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Are you talking about the ones like in the LLY Jason?
If so, I second that!

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Uh, I just set up Casper that way (now an LBZ) so that it would idle at 1100 until the water gets to 160, then drop down to 680. Worked like a charm in 28°F weather (about -2°C for you weirdos). There was a table for it, but I don't memorize the ####.

Or am I thinking of something else?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Uh, I just set up Casper that way (now an LBZ) so that it would idle at 1100 until the water gets to 160, then drop down to 680. Worked like a charm in 28°F weather (about -2°C for you weirdos). There was a table for it, but I don't memorize the ####.

thats actually idle speed vs. RPM. Works good for that thought, unless you have to jump in your truck and go before it warms up past the ect you set the idle speed at higher...

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
The best thought for a high idle on lbz/lmm would be idle speed adjustment on the dsp program or at least 1 dsp area. That way you could flip to that dsp tune and have the idle cranked on it. I thought it was mentioned to add idle spped in the dsp area back when the begining before beta but guess it didnt get put in :(

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming

wouldnt it push through the brakes when you put it in drive though?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Not if you have the brake pedal pushed. You can normally hold about 300rwhp in 2wd before the rears start to churn.

I did it so we could keep the engine from getting too cold overnight. Probably be a PITA to drive it that way everyday, nor was it that much fun getting up every two hours, climbing over the rollcage, sitting in a metal seat with no heater, and waiting until I got the engine temp up.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I did it so we could keep the engine from getting too cold overnight. Probably be a PITA to drive it that way everyday, nor was it that much fun getting up every two hours, climbing over the rollcage, sitting in a metal seat with no heater, and waiting until I got the engine temp up.

Don't you mean we? :bootyshake:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I can hear it now

Alarm
Its your turn to go warm up Casper
No its your turn
No its the kids turn

Last edited:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West