LBZ inlet pics & Part #

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Same inlet size as the LLY

03-20-08_1042.jpg

This is going to be the tightest fit but it should go.

03-20-08_1041.jpg

This is where the LBZ inlet is superior to the LLY, look how fat it is in this area right before the turbo. where the mounting tab is, is the smallest area by "eyeballin it" of the inlet with the exception of where the turbo plugs in. I can still fit my fist through that area without any problem but that would be the most restrictive, if any at all, before the turbo.

03-20-08_1035.jpg

Unless a full LBZ air intake is used this side will have to be modified to mate up with the LLY intake. I'm guessing any LBZ air intake will bolt right.

03-20-08_1033.jpg

This is the bend right before the turbo, looks to be a lot smoother than the pics of the LLY I've seen. It can probably be improved a bit but especially where the PCV and silencer openings are.

03-20-08_1032.jpg

Looking through the silencer hole at the turbo end.

03-20-08_1043.jpg

Down the air intake side toward the turbo end.

03-20-08_1038.jpg

The only real "bottle neck" in this unit is where the silencer plugs in. There is still a lot more area in that part of the inlet than the actual turbo inlet, so it shouldn't pose too much of a restriction.

Let me know what you guys think in terms of closing up the PCV and silencer holes. I'm going to do away with them entirely and want to have the inside as smooth as possible.

Also, it has GARRETT stamped on the side, I don't know if garrett designed the LLY inlet but it would make since that the turbo manufacturer designs the inlet for their turbo.

Here's the part number: 98011738