LBZ injector cleaning question

egsimpson

Sep 28, 2012
I'm putting my '06 LBZ back together and may have messed up. While preparing to install new copper washers and seals, I wiped the carbon from the injector nozzles with a rag. Now the tips look smooth, meaning I think I plugged the orifices with carbon. Will they open up under pressure? I was thinking to now disassemble and clean before install. I'd like to not have them fail to function and slow down the rebuild anymore than it has been already. Thanks.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I would take the tips off and clean them jus to be safe. I don't think it's to hard, just be tedious and make sure to be careful popping the tips off, so nothing goes flying. That's what I would do. I am also not sure what would happen if you just ran them if they would pop right open and flow ok or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
You could buy some concentrated injector cleaner and soak the tips of the injectors in it to loosen it up but im sure you will blast it out 1st fire up like Anthony said.

egsimpson

Sep 28, 2012
I ended up having to remove the injectors anyways. One of my guys forgot the bolts in the valve cover under the injectors. I sprayed the nozzles with carb cleaner and used a soft bristled brush to clean them up. Started it tonight; ran rough as expected for about a minute and then cleared up very nice. Thanks for the help.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I never cleaned mine out. Have the same thinking as gmduramax. Only thing I was really careful with to keep debris out was all the hard lines, rails, and cp3.

07metallicgreen

Nov 24, 2011
Smicksburg, PA
i know its a little off topic but im gonna do nozzles soon and i was wondering if i should get the injector hold tool for when i swap them? also anything else i might need to make it easy?

egsimpson

Sep 28, 2012
I don't see any need to. You can remove them by hand and if needed hold them in the vise with the injector hold down.