LBZ Edge Evolution Opinions

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
First off, I know every person here will tell me to go with efi live. If you read my sig you'll notice I do have EFI and don't have an LBZ. So don't so that.:thumb: My uncle is looking to pick up a little power without being too obnoxious. I am pointing him towards a 4" exhaust, downpipe back, with a muffler. I also dont want him to burn up his trans and I know if he has enough power to smoke the trans he will. Also he wants to be able to unplug the unit and go back to stock if he needs to and have switch on the fly. This has lead me to the Edge Evolution. It seems cost effective and with 100hp over stock it should give him the power he wants without hurting the motorand trans. Opinions? Go.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
http://www.xtremediesel.com/edgeproductschevyevolutionprogrammereec1000.aspx

Looking at this, I thought that it was very similar to my old juice with attitude. If it isn;t switch on the fly then we'll have to do something else. And I suggested PPE but he isnt technically inclined haha. I think he needs a switch or otherwise he'd run the hot tune all the time
I looked on the edge site also. Doesn't say wtich on the fly but I am almost positive it was?

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
I would get him one so he can't switch it all the time, give him one decent tune and let him stay with it. I've noticed when you switch tunes all the time is when the trans usually go because they need to re learn for bigger power but most go from level 2 to 5 and go out racing from light to light. That's what gets them imo.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I would get him one so he can't switch it all the time, give him one decent tune and let him stay with it. I've noticed when you switch tunes all the time is when the trans usually go because they need to re learn for bigger power but most go from level 2 to 5 and go out racing from light to light. That's what gets them imo.
You make a very good point and I was thinking the same thing. What I'd really like to do is put a single 90hp efi tune on it and call it a day bt he is obsessed with "putting it on kill" lol. And I just messaged XDP, the edge doesn't switch on the fly

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
My first tow tune was fun for a little while then we did my big tow tune and that was plenty for the street, only made 1 pass down the track with it and think it ran a 13.5 or something like that. And that's what I run in the winter.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
The Evolution actually does run pretty decent. I dynoed one in my LB7 with just intake and exhaust. Made 289/496 stock, 346/641 in Tow, and 381/739 in Extreme. If he doesn't want to go to EFI, I wouldn't hesitate running an Evo.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I'm sure he will be happy with just about tune that goes on it. He is just stuck on switching tunes lol.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
My edge was beast mode. I think I made like 600 or so hp. Since switching to efi I'm down at least 20% in power lol. As far as switching I think the novelty will pass and he'll just run a mild tune. The kid who had my truck just left it on stage 5 and let her eat on the 4-5 shift