Lbz a40 tune

dylon333

Dec 24, 2017
Anybody have a 10377105 trans tune for a stage 1 trans? Noting crazy just something to take better advantage on the trans?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
You don’t tune the trans to what it’s built for, you only tune shift points to what you like or what you do with the truck. This is where things get very different from a dodge

dylon333

Dec 24, 2017
Was told it had bigger converter, shift kit, and upgraded clutches. Trans shop said it was their stage 1. Came in the truck so all I can say for sure is, the converter is red, and the trans can take some abuse.

So I can just run the stock tune? Your spot on, used to them dodges. I took Josh h early lock up tune and played with it. Man that'll be fun at the track but no way to dd that. The truck came with a tune that was locked so I assumed I needed to get another tune for it.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I would suggest ppei trans tuning. It will make your stage 1 trans hold a extra 250hp. So that would make it a stage 2 in a indirect way.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I would suggest ppei trans tuning. It will make your stage 1 trans hold a extra 250hp. So that would make it a stage 2 in a indirect way.
This ^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Wait, what? I'm a bit slow tonight, but I thought only the LML and newer Allison had any control of line pressure (and therefore clutch holding) through a tune?

Sent from my Cat S60 using Tapatalk

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Sorry. Both posts were sarcastic humor.

I get so tired of the “stage” this and that. It’s just stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Basically from what you’ve said your trans is pretty close to stock. Here the trans is either built (gone thru, triple disk converter, better clutches, etc etc) that hold 700 or more hp or stock. I wouldn’t trust more than 400 ish with what you’ve described.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
How would you like me designate it. I mean that's how every trans builder does it?

They are just being grouchy cause it’s a common thing and gets annoying. There really is no stage for an Allison, the way some mfg sell them that way is to give you a warm fuzzy feeling about what it can hold and an easy way to sell you something. Really, it’s majorly inconstant cause not every place that calls a trans a stage 4 is built the same. a trans should be built for what you plan to do, not based off a stage.

Since you are on a stock charger, I wouldnt change shift points but you can play with them if you want. Just FYI, tow/haul mode as it is written in EFILive is actually 4low. Can’t remember what one is actually tow/haul mode but search it here and look for ferminators posts.

I would also leave the lock up stuff stock because we don’t know what kind of converter you have. Making it lock up under wot by 2nd gear may cause it to die sooner if it can’t hold the power.

Last edited: