Lb7 zf6 to lbz swap

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
So I have a 03 lb7 zf6 truck. It is now converted to a lbz zf6. They swaped the tcm and ecm. I can't tell if they did the bcm. My cruse don't work along with some other stuff but mainly my cruse is the problem. Can someone point me in the right direction.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I wonder if they swapped the clutch to an lbz balance. Unrelated but maybe important lol. Corbin did a lb7 zf6 to an lbz swap he will probably chime in.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
If they swapped the tcm then we have an issue..

Mine was an 01 truck so completely different on cruise control relation. However mine did work

CarolinaHD

Feb 8, 2011
NC
Like I said in my message, I removed the Allison harness and then ran new wires for what I needed. According to my notes this is what's needed when starting with a stripped harness.

VSS low- Green/Black, to ECM C2, pin 58, circuit 822
VSS high- Purple/White, to ECM C2, pin 45, circuit 821
Back up lamp supply voltage- Light Green, to underhood fuse box C2, pin A11
Ignition 1 voltage- Pink, to underhood fuse box C2, pin F8

The first 2 run from the VSS sensor on the back of the transfer case/transmission into the truck side engine harness, the last 2 run from the back up lamp switch on the transmission into the truck side harness.

Add a clutch position switch wire (CPP) from ECM C1, Pin 32 to C100 pin B.

4wd LOW signal from C153, Pin A to ECM C1, Pin 57.

More than likely the reason why your cruise isn't working is because you have a zf6 operating system flashed in the ECM but it needs the CPP signal wire before it will set cruise.

Nov 4, 2012
Harrisonville Mo
Like little things wait to start lamp and check engine light and my heated seats. Also no 4x4 light in the cluster. And it won't let me turn the elevated idle with the steering wheel controls

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
Ya I understand it don't need it but I thought I red somewhere that if you had the tcm that it would all be plug and play.

Not positive on that because I've never done it. I am interested however, because I need to do the same thing. I would double check the os. no 4×4 light can be caused from an os from a push button 4x4 truck, since the light doesn't appear on the dash in those. If the os isn't from a truck with cruise, could be the same issue.

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
Ya and I am not sure since it's 4x4 on the floor if it will even have the light

the light is on all of the instrument panels push button or floor shift, it is only enabled in the floor shift trucks. if it had the light before and doesn't now, when you had an lbz tune put in, it was written off a push button truck. it could also be the reason for steering wheel controls not doing what they used to and cruise not working. just an easy thing to check before you start digging through the wiring.