LB7 Turbo Kits, and the LB7 Cheetah

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
That sounds like a pain..

Our turbo is a completely new S300 cartridge based turbo. Only IHI parts are the compressor cover and the turbine housing. We have the technology to make them cost effective. 2100.00 is a decent price for a drop in turbo with the ability to make 650hp. The next versions will be able to support higher power levels.

If you're going to pull an IHI turbo you may as well put something better than a compressor wheel in it. Kudo's for your creativity, and accomplishment, but you are right, what you did isn't worth the time, money, for small gains.

This turbo, our 63/68 Borg in T4 trim has made over 650hp already with a billet wheel.

For anybody wanting controllable boost pressures (Wastegate=No Headstuds Necessary) and the ability to make 650hp for under 2100.00 this is the turbo you need.

Brayden

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Come on Tom.. You didn't dyno an LB7 with a lift pump and tune on a stock turbo at 580rwhp ..

You might have had an LBZ pump, injectors and turbo mouthpiece, downpipe, manifolds and uppipes to go along with that.. Don't muddy up a thread with Apples to Kumkwats comparisons.

he dynoed the 580 2 years ago, he only had a tune, intake, exhaust, modded intake horn , modded reg & lift pump back then

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
So what did it dyno with just a tune only before the mod'd reg, etc etc.. Tune only, intake and exhaust?

Because a mod'd reg is worth maybe 10hp, and the intake horn another 10hp.

So it rolled 550+hp with a tune?

Those are not typical results for tune only trucks. The accepted standard is 500/1000 for a tune only LB7/LLY. Some tweaks here and there may yield higher numbers but most all dyno's are going to land them around 500hp +/-.

Brayden

Last edited:

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
Is Heybob's truck still running the original stock CP3? Cause I know it's tired from having to cut the pulsewidth back on the stock charger tune.

dmaxvaz

wannabe puller
Nov 22, 2006
METRO DETROIT
That sounds like a pain..

Our turbo is a completely new S300 cartridge based turbo. Only IHI parts are the compressor cover and the turbine housing. We have the technology to make them cost effective. 2100.00 is a decent price for a drop in turbo with the ability to make 650hp. The next versions will be able to support higher power levels.

If you're going to pull an IHI turbo you may as well put something better than a compressor wheel in it. Kudo's for your creativity, and accomplishment, but you are right, what you did isn't worth the time, money, for small gains.

This turbo, our 63/68 Borg in T4 trim has made over 650hp already with a billet wheel.

For anybody wanting controllable boost pressures (Wastegate=No Headstuds Necessary) and the ability to make 650hp for under 2100.00 this is the turbo you need.

Brayden
Will this new charger move more air than a s366/74 .91ar? Are they billet wheels? How snappy is spoolup compared to a stock ihi? Btw, I used a new exh wheel and compressor wheel when I built the hybrid ihi.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Come on Tom.. You didn't dyno an LB7 with a lift pump and tune on a stock turbo at 580rwhp ..

You might have had an LBZ pump, injectors and turbo mouthpiece, downpipe, manifolds and uppipes to go along with that.. Don't muddy up a thread with Apples to Kumkwats comparisons.

Thanks for having my back, AJ. Braydon, sorry to muddy up your thread, but just ask your friends Mark and Matt....yes I did. More than once, too.

Stock LB7
Stock LB7 fuel system with modded LB7 reg.
Stock LB7 turbo with modded OEM horn and boost valve (I assume you mod the horns on these Cheetahs, correct?)
Exhaust, intake, lift pump, tune...the basics.

NO uppipes, manifolds, injectors, LBZ CP3 or downpipe. Apples to apples. :)

Truck ran 12.28 and 12.29 at roughly 6500lbs at a track Im not comfortable racing at nor are they real "friendly" to diesels in the first place.
So sub the modded reg, thats still 570. Track runs peg at ~555.

Sorry you dont think anyone other than a "shop" can legitimately put a truck together. I chronicled everything on this site as I went along, so there are no "secrets" to what I did.

Good luck with your turbo. I hope it works well and is a good seller for you. :)

Tha

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Its no fair comparing Tom's truck to many other LB7's IMO. What his stock LB7 did is simply not the norm, IMO.

Back on topic though, safe to assume these are going to handle more than 35psi okay, right since they have different guts? Seems interesting.

carpenca

Dec 17, 2010
Its no fair comparing Tom's truck to many other LB7's IMO. What his stock LB7 did is simply not the norm, IMO.

Back on topic though, safe to assume these are going to handle more than 35psi okay, right since they have different guts? Seems interesting.

They'll handle whatever your head bolts will ;) Just built the 66/73 turbine version tonight. Should have results soon.

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Okeana OH/West Lafayette IN
[YOUTUBE]8x-pCdWFb-4&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]PLHULoxHG4E&hd=1[/YOUTUBE]

Had we done the loading exactly like it was at the DC dyno I wouldn't doubt the numbers would have been identical, but this sheet is from the dyno it baselined on, updated to std correction. 488 run was stock turbo. Rail fell down to 21k in the recent runs.
SCAN0001.jpg

SCAN0002.jpg