Lb7 to lly swap

DIRTYLB77

Dec 1, 2015
@dkatubi06 I am also in the middle of the lb7 to LLY swap but can not find the main harness that runs to fuse box .. If you find them let me know where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DIRTYLB77

Dec 1, 2015
Can someone send me a picture of how the ficm is supposed to be mounted on the LLY ... Also does anyone know if the front plate that holds the alternator and tensioner pulleys off of a LB7 will work on the LLY? Is it the same?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Can someone send me a picture of how the ficm is supposed to be mounted on the LLY ... Also does anyone know if the front plate that holds the alternator and tensioner pulleys off of a LB7 will work on the LLY? Is it the same?

Lly FICM mounts to the side of the LLY alternator accessory bracket. The lb7 accessory bracket will bolt right on and work on the lly but you won't have a spot for the FICM to mount. I made some tabs to mount my FICM to the lb7 bracket being I wanted to keep the stock little catch can the lb7 bracket has integrated in it

DIRTYLB77

Dec 1, 2015
@chevy1925 thank you for your help .. One more question maybe you can answer ...the connector to the harness on top of the motor (bay connector?) I am missing the plug on my LLY motor it's just the wires with all the pins sitting there can I un pin the connector on my lb7 and re pin it for the LLY ?

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO
I don't want to steal your thread but I'm wanting to lly swap my 01. Found a complete lly minus injectors, so my understanding is I need to send my truck side harness to Ben to be modified? Also send my lly ECM to Ben and buy a newer style neutral safety switch? As far as the motor goes I just pull my lb7 and swap the lly in?

SofaKing

Jul 20, 2015
Wisconsin
Big question is the lly swap really the fix for the lb7 injector issues? My 03 is in the early stage of needing injectors. So I'm not sure what would be better cost effective. Keep the lb7 stock setup and put in a set with a lift pump or swap over to an lly setup?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Big question is the lly swap really the fix for the lb7 injector issues? My 03 is in the early stage of needing injectors. So I'm not sure what would be better cost effective. Keep the lb7 stock setup and put in a set with a lift pump or swap over to an lly setup?
They all lose injectors and the lb7 isn't that much worse to do compared to a lly. Unless you really want to run a variable vane turbo I don't think it's really worth it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
as many trucks that i see starting to age (150k plus) lly and lbz, i do see the injectors start to drop out of them. Its a tuff call as i have had some lb7 injector issues myself, had to replace a brand new one after 5000 miles because something made it stick open/leak down. probably bad luck

Dkatubi06

Dec 30, 2015
Does anyone know if the lly and LBZ engine/body harnesses are the same? If so I got a line on one, but the guys telling me he bought a bunch of parts including the accelerator which is making me think LBZ

Dkatubi06

Dec 30, 2015
I got some pics of the harness in case anyone can tell if it's an lly harness by looking at it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 32

Dkatubi06

Dec 30, 2015
Got a question with an lly conversion, would my tapshifter still work being its for an 02 platform? It's from fleece and I think they have tapshifter a for 01-02 and 03 and up

Dkatubi06

Dec 30, 2015
Also does any one have a part number for this harness? I was outbid on the one I had my eye on. I was thinkin of calling up a few dealers

rgullett83

Oct 27, 2008
Illinois
Got a question with an lly conversion, would my tapshifter still work being its for an 02 platform? It's from fleece and I think they have tapshifter a for 01-02 and 03 and up
Mine worked when I converted to an lly

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Riley, what "angle of approach" did you use for converting to LLY? Switch to complete LLY electronics or running the LLY components with LB7 electronics?