LB7 to LBZ true Swap

CrankyDiesel

Feb 25, 2024
St, George
This might be a little long so bare with me.

I just bought a 06 LBZ CCSB, non running from the information I've gathered its a 06 body on a 02 frame.
"Previous owner" had a LB7 in it. he swapped the 06 Dash out with a 01-02 to make the old LB7 motor work.
So with all the Engine, Transmission wiring.
the "New" owner bought it put a 155k mile LBZ in it with a 6 SPD trans,
He put a XDP radiator, XDP intercooler, LBZ Glow Plug Module, LBZ TCM, LBZ ECM, LBZ Wiring harness "Engine Bay"
LBZ Transmission wiring harness. new valve body and new Triple disc converter.
I just got the truck it has a 01-02 dash still. truck doesn't run.. I'm pretty mechanically inclined so with wiring.
I know a 01-02 Dash wont communicate at all because of the different CAN Bus system's.
should I start looking for a 03-06 Dash Steering Colum and Dash wiring harness.
so with a 03-06 Frame wiring harness to finish everything off so it's a true 06 LBZ?
and would this fix the wiring issues I'm running into with the truck not starting, communicating?
any type of feed back would be amazing I've searched thru all the forums and most the LB7's to LBZ's swap were done on a 03 LB7 truck. not a 02.

See less

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 10

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So the truck is still LB7 powered, LB7 dash but with an 06 body? Man, people do some weird stuff sometimes.

Try to find all wire harnesses, modules and parts for an 06-07 truck. You'll need instrument panel wiring, cluster, throttle pedal, shifter, etc. Yes on the underhood wiring too. Will also need chassis harness to rear for 03-07 truck.

CrankyDiesel

Feb 25, 2024
St, George
So the truck is still LB7 powered, LB7 dash but with an 06 body? Man, people do some weird stuff sometimes.

Try to find all wire harnesses, modules and parts for an 06-07 truck. You'll need instrument panel wiring, cluster, throttle pedal, shifter, etc. Yes on the underhood wiring too. Will also need chassis harness to rear for 03-07 truck.
Sorry if that was confusing it’s LBZ powered now, has Lbz engine 6 spd trans all under hood wiring and trans wiring so with all the ecms tcm gpcm. so all i would need now is the frame wiring harness from a 03-06? and can i make the 01-02 dash work?